Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 243 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Works for me
By wolfmanjoe77

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this equinox used it had 26,000 0n it now has 53,000 an running like a dream. Just had to do the 50,000 mile maintenance, transmission flush, new tires, an brake job. 800 bucks an that's all I've spent on this thing since iv owned it. Do oil changes every 4000 miles its been to the mountains an to the ocean with nary a problem. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones from reading the reviews. I've been getting pretty steady 22 in town an 27 on hwy mpg. Mines an lt model.

Mine will actually smoke the tires if you get on it too hard, seems to handle well no matter what the terrain. Drives an rides like a dream. sound system is pretty good.

can't think of a thing

Car works well
By JB

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car has not given me any problems. I get regular oil changes every 3K miles. I have almost 60K on the car which is now 4 yo. At least 26 mpg (hwy. Only thing I have had to change is the original tires. Every car is different and each brand will have their pitfalls but so far this one has worked well for me!

It was roomier than the other SUVs within the price range. I'm 6'0" and need leg room.

Never again
By Christian

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Equinox brand new in 2006. Before hitting 20,000 the ignition switch went out and had an electrical problem. It still goes dead right after I crank it, but they say nothing is wrong with it. I have had 4 sets of brake pads in 6 weeks, other mechanical problems and it is in the shop right now as I type this for the 2nd time in 3 weeks for an "electrical" problem in the air conditioner. I like the car's look, but not all the problems it has come with. I would not recommend this car to anyone. It is the biggest piece of crap I have ever had. I am just waiting til the day I can trade it and not lose too much money.

room and looks of the car

cup holders, better cloth on seats, more comfortable seating,

Scared to be in the car
By Terrified

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Got car 2006. had recall on it. things keep falling apart that have been fixed numerous times. the car doesn't start half the time but how convenient the dealer never could "duplicate" the problem until I showed them then I was told nothing was wrong. car feels unstable and I'm terrified for my children to be in the car. I'm afraid it will stop running when I'm driving. Getting rid of when I can. GM doesn't care about having their customers ride in safety. Do not buy this car

none

mechanical and engine problems need to be addressed but I'm sure never will be

Good maintenance, Great car
By John

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car just one year ago. I put 35,000 miles on it. It did not give me any problem. I am totally pleased with this car. engine runs very smooth. the only expenditure I made on this car are oil changes. I am chancing oil per 5000 miles. to sum up great car for the price.

daylight sensor head lights. mp3 player

just take care well with oil changes.