Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Heat Does Not Work!!!
By Mat

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I like the SUV but unfortunately the door that blends the heat with the air flow inside breaks inside the dash and the only way to fix it is to take apart the whole dash board costing $1,200 on up!There should be a recall because there has been 1,000s of complaints registered online and GM is thumbing there nose at the consumes.

I like the SUV, but I also like to stay warm when it's cold outside!

Recall the Heat blender and replace it with something that will last the life time of the vehicle.

In the shop again!
By WishIcouldgetridofit

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our Nox in early 2006. We had numerous fixes while under warranty. We had the ignition changed three times within the first 6 months. The key would get stuck-either on, off, or wouldn't come out at all. We had the wipers worked on. Strange noises popped up that they were never able to find. After the warranty expired the problems continued. We have replaced the tires twice in 75,000 miles. It took 5 visits to the shop to discover the coolant was leaking into the heads and the engine had to be dismantled. After $1,200 and 2 weeks out of the shop it is back in. It misses out at 50-60 mph and the check engine light is on. I wish I could afford to get rid of the stupid thing!

Replace that plate behind the back seat doors with something that cleans easier. My white one has spots that I can't get off without a lot of elbow work.

Sporty look, but not fun to drive
By mel

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this in Dec. 06. I have always had this knocking sound. Cannot figure out what it is. For the past 6 months, I have had a hesitation when I try to start it. On several occasions I didn't know if I was going to be stranded or not. Took it to a mechanic, he acted like nothing was wrong because no lights were on. Also, cd player quit working about 1 year after I bought it. Finally, there is a problem with the gears shifting. Almost seems like the transmission is going out.

Very roomy, especially the back seat. Lots of room for groceries, etc.

Really need to work on performance of vehicle. Needs better stereo/cd system.

100,000 miles and going strong.
By Pete63

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Nox brand new in 2006. I have had a few issues with the wheel bearings. All have been replaced within 100,000 miles. Other than that it has all been basic maintenance. The tires on my vehicle were great (lasted 95,000 miles). I had my 100k maintenance completed a few days ago, oil, trans fluid, and filters changed. Everything is still running like brand new. Would definitely purchase another Nox when the time comes.

Cargo room

Ipod port would be great.

Love Hate Relationship
By Andrew

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Like everyone else I have had issues. Just under 2 years the tires needed to be replaced. Wheel bearings were replaced under warranty and now that warranty is done need to be replaced again. There is a knock in the gas tank because something is loose. While driving on highway front console shuts off. No speedometer, tach etc. Problems with transmission. Seems to shift into neutral while driving. Cheap windshield wipers, all replaced after 2 years. Windshield chips and cracks very easily... poor design.. Headlight needed to be replaced after 3 years. Blind spots are very big and you need to be careful... Use your mirrors Key constantly sticks in ignition.

I am 6'8" tall. This car is perfect for someone my size. Very roomy great on your back. Lots of storage space. Ok gas mileage. Handles - turns well and is good in snow/ (Canadian winter) Starts very easily. I love the comfort and ease of driving. Feels sturdy on the road and makes me feel safe.

#1 Check into problems with wheel bearings. #2 Don't use such cheap tires #3 Move cup holders away from E-Brake #4 Have back seats fold flat and even with trunk area to make one large flat surface. #5 Check angle of windshield to ensure optimal #6 Put rock guard on corner of back door