Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 243 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Blown head gasket
By loulou8

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

The car good the 1st year I bought it and then I started having problems with it running hot. So I took it to the car dealership to have it checked out and they checked it and they told me it was the cooling fans wasn't working which they was. Then the replaced the fans $872.29 and put in a new thermostat included. Then they called me back and told me it was still running hot that the head gasket was blown. Is there a recall on this type of car.

GREAT CAR
By oleg5

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Had many cars before that! my wife drives 2008 Rav4 and i had 2000 Honda CRV before that.
did not had any isues with the car. got it for 6000$ with 90000km. now i have 140000$ and had replaced only back bearing. very good car!
geting 22 in a city and about 24-25 on high way! my wifes Rav4(V6) getting 20 in city best!

No help from GM
By dberry8953

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

4.5 years since bought we bought our 2006 Equinox new and 47k, transmission failed on us.
Torque converter failed according to the transmission repair facility.
$2700 to overhaul/repair.
Car is now back and running ok but request to GM for full or partial reimbursement was denied.
Looks like the General has seen our last automotive purchase.

Just bought a Used 06 NOX!
By tabithaj

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought an 06 Equinox with 69k miles on it. Really great price, low payments.
So far it hasnt been any trouble at all.
I hear a rattle somewhere in the stering column, like a small plastic piece is loose or something.
I love drining it~ :-) I think I am happy so far. :-)

LOVE to drive it, very smooth. I have three kids so the room in that thing is great! Havent really had to do the gas mileage thing yet, I am still on my first tank. I will post again in a few months.

Kind of cheap parts on the car, like the levers for the seats and the radio is got a really weird set up, LOL I cant comment on that cause I am still confused about that. Better middle console, wouldnt put the E brake so close to the cup holders that was confusing too. Console could have been a bit longer for a better arm rest. Its still a great little ride though.

Nice, but a lot of problems....
By mig66

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My car now has 76k miles on it. All of these problems started before 60k miles. Heater regulator door went out-30k miles, rear shocks-36k miles, front shocks-40k miles, starting issues since the day I bought it brand new, on fourth set of rotors and 2nd set of calipers. I have never had these kinds of brake/rotor problems with any other car I have had(Honda) and currently have(Hyundai). I change the oil every 3-5k miles and have put new tires on at 45k miles and a new battery last night.

I love the room inside,exterior looks nice, it has plenty of power, drives nice and is very practical for my family.

Better customer support from GM with or without a warranty. They need to back up what they sell and own-up to their problems and get them fixed at their cost. I will not be buying a Chevy again. I don't work to spend a large sum of money on a vehicle that isn't worth what I paid for it eventhough GM acts like I do.