Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 243 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Still love it a year later.
By bretton65

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

A quick update on my Equinox. I posted July 2006. The Equinox continues to be trouble free (except for a defective turn signal stalk that was replaced under warranty)and an enjoyable car to drive. It has 14,000 miles on it now. I get 19-20 in mixed driving. I am happy with the car and highly recommend it.

Sliding middle seat. 5 speed tranny. XM radio. Smooth ride and comfortable seats.

Glad to see the addition of stability control in the 2007. Can't wait to test-drive the sport version. Put the new GM 6 speed tranny in it, although I love the 5 speed mine has.

Good all around
By Olds1368

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this vehicle for 4 months. I bought the vehicle as baby number 2 is on its way. I have really enjoyed the vehicle thus far and am really happy I bought the vehicle. I has the storage we need and we both love to drive the vehicle. I use the vehicle for city driving and am very happy with the performance. When I am on the interstate, it drives like an SUV. It has good pick up and has performed very well.

I enjoy the exterior and interior look. The rear sliding seat is a huge benefit. Works good for transpoting my lab and I am able to fit two car seats on the back seat without any issues.

I would like to have the rear seats recline like the Malibu. Better cup holders for the entire vehicle. Clothes hooks in the rear passenger area instead of the cargo area, as they are not high enough.

Great SUV
By Great SUV

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this second-hand and owned it for about 6 months. This SUV rivals those that are priced 2 and 3 times as much. Quiet and powerful engine and smooth and quick transmission. Great ride and fun to drive. The exterior and interior are both stylist and functional. Great value for the price. Go get one.

Quiet and powerful engine. Smooth transmssion. A lot of interior room for my boys. Overall great looking and running SUV.

None

Good decision
By Kris

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove several cars and SUV's for my birthday last year. My friend noticed that the only one that I truly seemed comfortable driving was the Equinox. I have taken my car on several long trips and always feel energetic instead of tired when I arrive. I enjoy sitting higher and still feeling like I'm driving a car. Lots of people have commented on the color and like the look of my car. I get about the same gas mileage as my old car that had a 4 cylinder in it but I have more passing power now.

I wanted and got the sunroof. I like the vent feature and used it almost every sunny day this spring. It gives you some fresh air without all of the cold air rushing in.

I would like to see more pockets to hold maps and umbrellas and other things that girls can use in the car. I have resorted to having a basket in the back seat on the floor to hold what I need.

Roomy, but Cheap!
By lilmomx2

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had owned this car for 13 months. It has been in the shop 2 times and I am about to bring it back in. About 2 months after we purchased this vehicle the surpentine belt came off for no apparent reason. It was not broken or stretched out and we had to have the car towed to the dealership. About 3 months ago it started rattling really loud. I took it back to the dealer. They kept it for 2 days and told me that a screw had come loose in the motor. It also rattles real loud in the back of the car, but since it is not constant I cant bring it to the dealer. I have no way of knowing when it will do it. Also, now my ignition switch is going out. My car only has $25K miles on it. The whole car is plastic.

Roomy interior, very versatile.

Use higher quality materials. The body is so cheap that my husband leaned against the side and it dented. I have seen vehicles made with the same quality as this for way less money.