Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 243 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Hate the Car
By STEVENS57701

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my equinox for 1 1/2 yrs. I've had the window molds replaced 3 times, an electrical system replaced once. The weathering on my driver's door replaced once and now my rear drive unit is being replace. Thats along with the 4 times I had to have it pulled in because I couldn't jump the battery, then the battery was replaced. I thought the car was awesome. I live in ND and in the country so snow gets impacted in places and make sthe car run funny. It doesn't do well in the cold and lots of snow. I have decided that it wasn't worth my college graduation present as many problems as I've had with it, it leaves me with an unreliable vehicle.

Will buy again
By Will

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Love the car, love the comfort, quiet ride, good power, love the sliding back seat, carries 5 very comfortably. best small SUV on the market. My mom liked it so much she traded he Honda CRV for a 2008 Equinox.

New car
By webb

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I just recently bought this vehicle so I don't have a lot of time with it. I bought it for my wife but have got to drive it a few times. When we picked it up from the dealership it was snowing, bad, but it got around great. I think that it has a very comfortable interior. So far I am very pleased with it.

Comfortable, spacious interior. AWD. Good looking vehicle.

None, haven't had it long enough.

Do not Buy
By bmiller1881

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my chevy equinox and was very excited. Untill it wouldnt start and they had to replace the battery. I have now had it for a year and a half and the car has not started over 8 times, meaning completly dead and have never had an accident. My car is currently being lemon lawed and would not ever consider buying a chevy again.

The seats are comfy thats it.

A car that works, better radio, and non cheap looking features inside.Making car heavier feels like it will tip over on some corners and perhaps and better service technicions to work on them

Nox
By rick

2006 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Like our Equinox. Fun to drive, good mileage for it size. Looks pretty cool. Good family hauler.

Outside looks. OnStar

Tighter steering. Better parking brake lever placement