Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Blacky
By gocampn

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I had rented one on vacation and when I decided to trade my Expedition this was one of the trucks that interested me. The Ford Escape did not turn me on. The Ford Edge still doesn't have the style this does in my opinion. So far I really like it, and love the looks. Mine is a black LT AWD with tan leather,snazzy!

I like the positioning of the radio and most controls. Love the roomy rear seat.

Cupholders leave a little to be desired.

Mixed feelings
By Sherry

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I purchased our 'nox in 2006. I have about 29,000 miles. I love the look and style of the truck. It has awesome pick-up and handling. Not poor in the snow but could be better. I had the signal switch burn out after a year and a half. Biggest issue is hesitation with starting. I've had to give it gas on occassion. My truck is currently being serviced for this problem. Other than that I love my truck and hope the problem is resolved after this being the 5th attempt. OK on gas, I only use Sunoco.

Style, power, and rear seat is roomy.

Cupholders and emergency brake interfere with each other, poor design.

Not too happy with it
By Carrie

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Equinox for about a year and a half. When I first got it. I loved it! Now I can't wait to get rid of it. It just now has 25000 miles on it and it acts like it has over 100000 miles on it. I am taking it in to the dealership for service tomorrow. I have several issues that Chevy need to address. The fuel pump is making a loud "clunking" noise right after it is started. The drivers side window is not sealing porperly. The transmission is making terrible screeching noises and it doesnt like shifting into 3rd gear. Last year,chevy gave me a new set of tires because at 13,000 the tires were shot, but evenly worn. premature wearing. I have had the tires roated 2 times during that time.

I do really enjoy the roomey/stylish interior.. It's in a way "sporty" on the inside. Also the seats (even the rear seats) are comfy!

Needs more power, and better/quicker responce time.

Unhappy
By kevin

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this almost 2 years ago. Seats stain easy and don't like the noise the AWD makes. Going to need new tires. I have a couple of friends that have this and agree with me.

Looks

AWD noise and seats that don't stain that easy.

Good Value, Minor Improvements needed
By Tracy

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This is my company car so I'm in it a lot. It has great looks and value for the price. It is very comfortable and powerful enough. It has been very reliable so far with no major repairs. Only exception is the windshield. I think the angle makes it prone to chipping, or the glass is not good enough. I'm on my 3RD one! Overall, this is a good car for the money. Blind spots and big turning radius are the only complaints.

Rear seat is roomy--even better than larger SUVs! It's great if adults have to sit back there. Ergonomics are good-can drive for hours and not get stiff.

Turning radius is almost a safety issue it's so big. The clothes bar hooks are too narrowly spaced-I can't find a bar to fit it. Accessory outlet in front console is in a bad place-prone to liquid spillage shorting it out. Blind spots are bad- a backup camera would help.