Used 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 243 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

Unhappy
By Pat Zink

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Driver's seat hard uncomfortable. Turning radius no good. Cup holders in front in the wrong place along with the cell phone plug. Knocking noices sometimes in the front end & sometimes in the rear end. Had to dealer 3 times for poor AC. They stated that the way it should be. Not good in deep snow. Snow gets packed under the car which makes loud noises. Seats stain very easy & hard to keep clean. The dash is poorly made. I love the exterior looks.

Radio, adjustable back seat. Lots of room in the back.

Improve the AC. Change the turning radius. Improve the seats.

Good and Bad
By MAnkney

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I love it - It's fun to drive and roomy. This is the first time I've owned a vehicle with a hatch and I love it! Looks sporty and should have a good resale value, in-part, because of this. I hate it - I came from driving a full size truck and was suprised it's turning radius was about the same! What!?! The gas mileage is ok not great. Fabric on seats stain terribly and you can't scrub them out. Front windshield and back hatch leaks in heavy rain storms and car washes. Drivers window is noisy when on the expressway. Center console laid out bad. Crowded and unusable. Before I got used to the window controls in the center I put my purse on them in the car wash-yes, I got waxed that day!

Hatch and fun to drive.

Turning radius and the console needs to be laid out better.

The honeymoon is over
By packrfan4

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I bought our 'Nox used in '06 with less than 10k miles. Initially we were pretty pleased with it, but as we've put some miles on it, we're not such big fans anymore (and it only has 38k miles on it). The turning radius is very big. Pulling into parking places is more difficult than it should be. The cupholders that slide out of the console are very flimsy and interfere with the parking brake lever. Lastly, at 21k miles the drive shaft snapped during normal highway driving and had to be replaced. The V6 engine is pretty peppy and I really like the exterior styling. The sliding rear seat is a great design, but those things can't overcome some of the items I mentioned above.

Exterior styling, good V6 engine, sliding rear seat design, cargo room

Improve turning radius, fuel economy, sight lines to eliminate blind spots

Second One of these
By angelfieryrain

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LS 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

So far this is my second one of these. The first was an 05 and had some transmission issue, but so far the 06 has not been all that bad, aside from one issue. I am suddenly having issues with fuel economy after almost 40k. Other then that it does pretty well in Michigan winters even without the AWD.

The little holder underneath the steering wheel, perfect for a cell phone. The extra cup holders in the center console, and being able to turn traction control off.

A fix for the poor transmission shifting would be nice.

Blacky
By gocampn

2006 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I had rented one on vacation and when I decided to trade my Expedition this was one of the trucks that interested me. The Ford Escape did not turn me on. The Ford Edge still doesn't have the style this does in my opinion. So far I really like it, and love the looks. Mine is a black LT AWD with tan leather,snazzy!

I like the positioning of the radio and most controls. Love the roomy rear seat.

Cupholders leave a little to be desired.