Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox Consumer Reviews - 727 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Equinox

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

I Regret the day I Got this Car!
By equinoxhater

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I should have seen this car was cursed when the tire went flat at the dealer ship but no i had to get rid of my 2002 Doge Neon. That was a good little car but i needed more space. the Equinox seemed like a good choice. I regret the day i brought this car because i have only had it for 2 years and i have been in over 20 accidents and my car has been attempted to be broken into and over and over with hit and runs... also most recently there is a 5inch crack in my front bumper. I hate this car because it uses so much technology i wish i just got a 65 corvete chery bom red. These cars are crazy and are confusing i want good quality old craftmanship.

I want to get rid of this!
By nickab182

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Bought used March 2011 w/ 53 k miles. It is now June 2011, I have 60 k miles on the car and I want to get rid of this. Thought I was getting my dream car. The day i brought it home I noticed there was a foot of water in the spare tire well. Two days later the CD player went. The next day I noticed rear break light seal and windshield seal were broke. The back cup holder and it fell apart in my hand. I replaced a front left wheel bearing one month later at 59 k. Since then I have had too many problems to list. Key comes out of ignition while running, shifter doesn't lock in place, part of top rck fell off while driving, clunks when turning, has trouble starting, lighter sockets broke, ect.

Nice blue color, very spacious

Pretty much everything.

Biggest Mistake I EVER made!!!!
By hawleyzoo

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been the biggest mistake I have ever made - have replaced brakes and rotors 4 times, control arms twice, fabric stains very easily and will NOT come clean, temp gauge has been replaced twice, have had to have tire bolts replaced every time I get tires rotated because the threads have been stripped, headlights and seals are bad ALL the time, and now my drive shaft is toast due to bad U joints. Car only has 85,000 miles on it. I should have known to not buy a Chevy when they were going under, but have learned to never buy one again.
Shoddy parts, shoddy workmanship - and they wonder why they are going under??

That it is getting ready to get traded in!!!

The ENTIRE 2005 line needs recalled and repairs done. Chevy has lost so many customers this way - hello Toyota!!

Just got rid of this car...
By sydspapa

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

We had purchased this vehicle used with 19,000 miles on it in 2007.
I immediately realized it needed brakes and rotors.
Electrical system was whacky, started would run and run when you tried to start it.
Buttons wore badly and paint rubbed off the dash and interior badly as well.
Last straw was a flat tire that took 4 hours to get off due to it being rusted to the car.
The only good thing was that the dealership liked the features and it only had 53,000 miles on it which made a nice 6k down payment on a new Dodge Journey R/T.
Bye Bye Equinox...

Leather seats, CD and AWD

Make an interior that doesn't scrape off with normal use.

Love my Equinox But......
By diana408

2005 Chevrolet Equinox LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2005 Equinox since 2008. I love driving it but I do have one complaint..the electrical system is poor..I have had all kinds of trouble with lights..dash board lights do not work and the driving lights will not come on automatically when turned to auto..I am putting over $2000.00 into it to have the air bag light fixed and I still won't have dash lights as it would cost another $500. and I will still have to turn lights on manually...I think you really need to work on this problenm and give some type of refund for these repairs..

Recheck all electrical and make it more reliable.