Used 2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV Consumer Reviews - 727 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV

View reviews for a specific Equinox model:

money pit junk
By tina young

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Don't buy it . I have had nothing , but issues with this car....... Week one ... Rvg valve had to be replaced... week three overheated . shop 215.00 .. water pump and labor. week five .. guess what overheating again...... shop 100.00 cost of warranty thermostat and labor... on my honeymoon it broke down again 5 days later.... 200 miles away from home... guess again over heating...tow 250.00 to my house. shop again .... valve, gaskets, hoses not covered by warranty 367.00... .. oh and 75 for the tow to the shop.... 3 days later . yep you guessed it ...... overheating again ..... said they did not get the air all out of it.... no cost that time... 2 days later yep again .... had enough by this time took it to another dealership..... shop 385.00 more hoses more values more labor ... 5 days later... you guessed it again....... 457.00 repair. again 110 to tow it on top of it. on top of the first place put the wrong water pump on it , but new dealership changed it out and replaced it with correct one at no cost.... 1,900.00 in 2 and half months for the same issues .. not a happy camper... oh plus it doesnt want to start at times. brake issues.... routers barrings replaced. ect ect ect ... i can go on and on but i wont

Don't buy this car!!!
By Cindi Mooney

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

Theyou decided know a different kind of transmission with no dipstick so you cannot add or check the levels, so you have to take it to a tranny shop or dealership which runs you $250 just to change it...but...then the transmission fails anyhow... $3000 to put a new one in...by this time the car is not even worth that much!!! Biggest regret was buying the stupid thing!!

disappointed
By pstrickland

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

purchased used, after trading in what we thought was our excellent condition money pit trailblazer. not so sure we did the right thing here. sure I paid lots on some repairs to the trailblazer over the last 3 yrs but I know what was done and it was an amazing vehicle. wouldn't hesitate driving it out of state. this equinox on the other hand, I'm not so sure I'm willing to drive it across town! went to family dinner, came home and the entire car was shaking and sounded like my tires were about to fall off. I've had it to the dealer more times than I've had it in my driveway. purchased less than a month ago and its been there more than its been home with us. I'm really upset and fear for our family's future on this - dealers screwing families daily has got to stop! if selling a car to make a buck is more important to you than the safety of another human being, then you're a worthless individual.

My equinox
By Jared

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

I see many complaints of the equinox. I have owned mine for 7 yrs now bought it with 35000 mls now has 156000. I haven't had to do any major maintenance on it til now having to replace the head gasket. I put almost 700 mls a week on it and have had nothing but being happy with its performance and reliability. My wife also feels the same. So whether it be ppl not performing their own at home maintenance of a vehicle, changing its oil and just learning their vehicle with its sound and handling and knowing when something is wrong is their fault. I love my Equinox and would not hesitate to buy another

Expect the expected
By David in Delaware

2005 Chevrolet Equinox SUV LT AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 5A)

You will have these issues, expect them - fuel pump, head gasket, center driveshaft bearing, misfire. Our '05 Escape 4 cyl has been a Much better vehicle.