Used 2017 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Cruze for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Unreliable vehicle

Lee Hodder, 11/10/2020
LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my car in new condition with 2,000 miles on it, miss informed, I've had it for three years and its been in the shop at least 6 times and im about to have it back in again for the same repairs!!!! Can you say Lemon 🍋

Big on mpg

Gunny D, 01/16/2021
LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbodiesel 9A)

I have had this cruze for two years, have taken on 950 mile road trip got up to 68.5 mpg it cost me $40.00 for fuel total .

Transmission kept breaking

Scott, 01/18/2021
LS 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

In 25,000 miles the same part on the manual transmission broke twice

Fun, sporty, and dependable

BB, 03/20/2021
LS 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2017 Cruze LS new. My prior 1987 Porsche 924S was totaled in a truck accident, so I replaced it with a similar themed red manual transmission Cruze. Now at 72K miles in just under four years. Overall, it's been fun to drive (manual), looks great with red color and black accents, and has been very dependable. I've completed all maintenance items according to schedule, including periodic coolant and brake flushes, and manual trans fluid at 45K. Replaced front brake pads at 68K miles (still at 25% pad left). Tires at 46K miles. Only problem was a faulty clutch assembly replaced just before the warranty expired at 35.8K miles. Good thing, as it would have been a very expensive repair but Chevy covered it. Just put new spark plugs in at 72K miles and noticed an improvement in acceleration and the feel of the engine. I have the LS model with steel wheels, so my only regret is not having alloy wheels, cruise control, and a sunroof. I can link my phone either by USB or Bluetooth, and playing music from my phone gives a significant improvement in sound quality over using the standard radio. Although its OK sound overall, nothing superior. Cloth seats are comfortable, but do not have the class of leather (another regret). Lots of plastic in the interior but that's to be expected at this price point. One complaint is lack of acceleration in 1st/2nd gears...it's poor and I'm routinely dusted off at traffic stops by other compact cars. Turbo kicks in during 3rd gear and then the car takes off. Probably my biggest complaint was at the dealership where I bought it. Purchased from Princeton Chevy but then the dealership was sold very soon after to Ciocca Chevy. Nothing but poor customer service from Ciocca, also incorrect billing, extra charges, and incorrect information on parts ordering. I don't trust them, and now I'm in a different area and with a different Chevy dealer for maintenance and I still don't trust them. Every encounter seems to be about them extracting as much money from me as possible. Overall, I like the car, it's been inexpensive and dependable, and fun to drive. Not happy about the lack of acceleration and the plastic/cloth interior. Outside look is like most similar compact cars, but it does have a sportier edge with the front/rear styling and hot red color. I'm happy with the purchase and I think it is the best choice in it's class. But I still look forward to the future and moving back into a higher price point for some of the finer appointments and especially better acceleration.

Best car

Catmom , 05/04/2021
Premier 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I absolutely love my 2017 Chevy Cruze premier. Before buying it I didn’t realize all the features it has. I love my heated seats and heated steering wheel. I love the power it has when I’m on the interstate. It gets excellent gas mileage. I was going to get a Malibu before I test drove this and they are very similar and I was getting a better deal on this car so I chose this and it is the best choice I made. Very safe for my two children too!