2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: No MPG

2014 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

1LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

No MPG
By bertman69 on

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this 2014 Cruze in Sept. for one reason and one reason only - 38 mpg.
I'm not even getting 30.
The 6 speed auto transmission is clunky and herky jerky.
Every control is slow to respond.
No trunk release anywhere on the car, only on the key, and it won't work if it is in the ignition.
All in all this car is a HUGE disappointment and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Jan. 2016 Have had my Cruz for 3 years now. Have never, ever gotten more than 33 MPG. Heating System and the A/C are under powered. Freeze in the winter, bake in the summer. The Information System is a joke, almost nonexistent. Car is difficult to get out of as well. I would do a better job of comparison shopping before I purchased another Cruz.

July 2017: Still getting sub-par MPG. Have never,ever gotten more the 33 MPG. Still difficult getting in and out of. The Climate Control is still under performing. I have Jeff Perry GMC do all of my Service work. After JP Chevrolet screwed me on the deal, I never, ever go there and never ever will. I also warn all my Friends to be very careful when dealing with JP Chevrolet as it is "BUYER BEWARE".

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By sir4dude
on 05/20/15 15:25 PM (PDT)

To open trunk from outside vehicle press the touch pad above the license plate when the doors are unlocked. If doors are locked the trunk won't open using touch pad.