Used 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Best car EVER!
By Turbo Diesel Fan!

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I purchased my 2014 Cruise Diesel through a Chevy dealer that had acquired it from GM as a Manufacturer vehicle. The previous owner claimed it had transmission problems & GM replaced it, tested it and gave me a 12 month, 12k mile bumper-to-bumper warranty. The car had 87k miles when I bought it and I've now driven 11k delightful miles. My driving is mostly rural highways at 55 mph and I average 42-46 mpg! My overall average for 11k miles is an impressive 43.5. My best 50 mile average is 51.7! Amazing! I check the actual mileage at every fill-up and the cars computer is very accurate. Having driven an SUV for the past 3 years I can give some pro's and con's. First, the ride quality and comfort is what I expected of a compact car- a bit more road feel, but above what I expected in the handling department. After several hours of driving the seats are a bit unforgiving, but overall comfortable. The noticeable lag on throttle response, due to turbo spin-up, is acceptable once you know to anticipate that. The extra 20 lbs of torque boost when the turbo does spins up is quite impressive! I did not expect the acceleration to make me grin like I still do! The ONLY negative is the outside temperature reads about 24 degrees low on the display. Under warranty. I had my local dealership look into it and I made 3 different trips as they replaced every component from the sensor to the gauge cluster - to no avail.

Diesel issues not covered under warranty
By Joe

2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I've had my Diesel 14 Cruze for about 10K miles. It has never come up with any messages about regen. Suddenly the turbo stopped working and a message came on that said reduced power. It's still under the bumper to bumper warranty. I took it into a dealer and they said the particulate filter is clogged and it needed to go into regen. They are telling me they could't find anything wrong so, they are charging me $320 to put it through regen. If there wasn't a problem, why didn't it go through regen? What's the point of a factory warranty? I averaged 40 mpg. Based on diesel fuel being 10-20% more than gas, a gas car is almost the same efficiency, with a less complicated engine. Should have bought a Civic. Better resale, similar cost to drive, and probably wouldn't have been in the shop under warranty costing me $320.

Als review
By Alton Thornton

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

2014 Cruze 2LT RS 1.4 turbo 6A
By Rick S.

2014 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car Labor Day weekend of 2015 and in the year I've had it I've had it in for only one warranty repair. Check engine light came on and that turned out to be a vacuum leak and needed cam cover replacement. This had been a rental car and I was a little leery but it has turned out to be a pretty good car, so far. Good gas mileage, decent acceleration and braking, good road handling, responsive steering. As others have noted, the front seats are a little firm and can be a little uncomfortable toward the end of longer trips, but not horrible. I've put about 12,000 miles on it in the year I've owned it. Hopefully it will last a good long while.

Still on the post
By Cathy W

2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car for the hubby to drive and from work. 110 miles roundtrip everyday. He decided he would continue to drive his truck (I drove it for 2 years to my job round trip ,12 miles) because gas is down. So I got the car against my wishes. This car is not comfortable at all to me. To many buttons to figure it out. Be prepared to read the manual if urnot techno savy... Which I am not!! I feel like I am in a fishbowl or all to see.Keep in mind I did not get in or test drive the car. Hubby did only. But I drive oit.go figure. I am a plus size babe, n this car is tight. Good thing I am not plus plus or it would be like a can of canned fish stuffed in. Had the car for a month now and it s slowly expanding with me. Tinted ALL the widows made a world of difference .so, that said, I would give this car 4 star rating. VERY compact not to roomy, back seat to tight, Windows look c!assy though n I give them a10+++++. Handle s curves like a charm n fast little booger to 0 to 60 in 45 sec and its a 4 Cylinder. Go figure its a classy one to.