Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Cruze at 100
By DRThoreau

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Having bought Japanese cars for more than 30 years after a bad GM experience in the 80's I read that GM had finally built a car in this class/price range worth buying! The Cruze has proven that early assessment to be true. A recall and two other repairs were covered under warranty, a failed battery after only two years was not! It's replacement has lasted for 3 thus far! Front seats are a bit short on the base and can catch some drivers mid thigh and after extended periods become uncomfortable, back seat okay for kids or one adult passenger. Trunk space is exceptional and the 1.8 liter 4 though noisy when pushed operates pretty quietly otherwise. Tires are critical to road noise in this vehicle as road surfaces vary. Here in South Carolina where the pavement seems to be some of the most noise producing I have traveled on, a tire with too much wear transfers all that noise right into the passenger cabin. regular recommended oil changes, tire rotations and a replacement set of OEM tires at 60K and that is the sum total of expense thus far. Upcoming spark plug change, transmission flush and new front disc brake pads will be needed soon. That being said i think that I will be able to get another 100K out of this vehicle!
Another 8,000 miles on the clock and after replacing plugs and timing belt as recommended the Cruze continues to serve us well!

Gas Mileage Superhero
By Ron Potter

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

From day one I averaged 50MPG or better. Driving is mixed city and highway, usually with no other passengers. On a trip from Ohio to Florida with two passengers plus driver and luggage, running between 75-80 interstate with air on we still averaged 49 MPG. I have saved enough on fuel expense over my Ford Crewcab Gas to pay for the car. I have always driven either Mercedes or BMWs for daily use and this was my first new American car in 15 years....wished I had tried them before.

Reliable good-looking car
By Taylor B.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my 2012 Chevy Cruze. I fell in love with the interior the second I sat in it. I bought the car used and have had it for nearly 2 years now with NO problems at all. Has about 64k miles on it at this point as well. For the price, it is a great car. Even survives the harsh NE winters - which was surprising. The only problem is the shifting is pretty poor in most situations. It will often feel like the car is lurching forward when shifting. Strange. Other than the weird shifting, this car is great.

Owner of a 2012
By Guess who

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car for long or short distances in regards to gas mileage. I drove from NY to DC on 1 tank of gas ( not bad). It can be quit snug if you're 6' or taller and getting out can be a pain in the butt. I have had 3 recalls on the car but nothing serious and everything was covered by manufacturer.

Super safe car
By L. J.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My mom had a Cruze also. She was T-boned by a city bus. Airbags deployed fully. At 86 years old my mom had broken bones but required no surgery.
I bought my Cruze for just over $16,000. I can drive from Davenport, Iowa to Cincinnati, Ohio easily on a tank of gas. I get much better gas mileage than the automatics do. The shift is smooth and easy to use. I love everything about my car! The only negative is the idiot shift light is annoying. I've only had one recall since I purchased it new in 2013. A big bonus for me is the trunk size and set up. With the back seats down, I can easily fit large items through the frame. Makes it a great car for hauling when you just need a few 4x4x8 for a fence. I'm keeping this car. Its not ever going to be for sale. Still lovin my Cruze!
I've had my Cruze now for over 4 years. Still in love with it! Won't be trading it in ever! Car companies can keep their expensive gas guzzlers. I'm keeping my Cruze! I've kept up my maintence schedue,had several oil changes and rotate my tires every oil change. No issues mechanically at all.