Used 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Reliable good-looking car
By Taylor B.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my 2012 Chevy Cruze. I fell in love with the interior the second I sat in it. I bought the car used and have had it for nearly 2 years now with NO problems at all. Has about 64k miles on it at this point as well. For the price, it is a great car. Even survives the harsh NE winters - which was surprising. The only problem is the shifting is pretty poor in most situations. It will often feel like the car is lurching forward when shifting. Strange. Other than the weird shifting, this car is great.

Owner of a 2012
By Guess who

2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car for long or short distances in regards to gas mileage. I drove from NY to DC on 1 tank of gas ( not bad). It can be quit snug if you're 6' or taller and getting out can be a pain in the butt. I have had 3 recalls on the car but nothing serious and everything was covered by manufacturer.

Supee safe car
By L. J.

2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My mom had a Cruze also. She was T-boned by a city bus. Airbags deployed fully. At 86 years old my mom had broken bones but required no surgery.
I bought my Cruze for just over $16,000. I can drive from Davenport, Iowa to Cincinnati, Ohio easily on a tank of gas. I get much better gas mileage than the automatics do. The shift is smooth and easy to use. I love everything about my car! The only negative is the idiot shift light is annoying. I've only had one recall since I purchased it new in 2013. A big bonus for me is the trunk size and set up. With the back seats down, I can easily fit large items through the frame. Makes it a great car for hauling when you just need a few 4x4x8 for a fence. I'm keeping this car. Its not ever going to be for sale. Still lovin my Cruze!

Should have bought the Corolla
By Jake

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a cheap unreliable car. Electrical problems, Numerous recalls, cheap interior, A transmission that cannot decide which gear it wants to be in, 5000 mile oil change intervals by me with Mobile One fully synthetic and now the Turbo is out with only 56,000 miles. THIS CAR IS A JOKE.

Best higher mileage car I have ever owned.
By Austin

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My Cruze 1LT has 92000 miles and still performs like new! A couple of months ago I was T-Boned by a F-150 on the driver's side and I walked away without a scratch. The car held up very well, I elected to have the car repaired and it's back on the road like nothing happened. The only repair was a new waterpump under warranty at 90000 miles. The interior remains rattle free and quiet. The 1.4T has plenty of power and still averages 36 MPG and I don't baby it. I have gotten as much as 46 MPG on the highway. It has never let me down, even with no coolant when the waterpump failed it still got me home (I didn't realize all the coolant leaked out.) It starts the first time everytime without any drama. I was very surprised by how awesome it goes in the snow even without winter tires. I'm 6 foot 2 and 270 pounds, I have plenty of room in this car. I got a 2015 Impala as a loaner when my Cruze got it's waterpump replaced, the Impala was a great car but the Cruze seems more solid. Looking into a 2016 Cruze for my next vehicle.