Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Great small car
By jrichmond526

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought our 2011 Chevy Cruze to downsize for good fuel mileage.
Out LT1 Sedan w/ 1.4L Turbo 4cyl gets about 28-30mpg city/ 32-34mpg highway.
We have two small children and this model had more rear seat room than the Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla and Nissan Altima 2.5S we drove.
The interior of the car really sold us on it, and it was fun to drive.
My biggest complaint is the seatbelt clip restraints are hard to buckle the seatbelt to.
My kids have a very hard time with them.
They are kind of hidden down in the rear seat and are hard to use on the front bucket seats as well.
Overall though, we really like the car.
The trunk is very spacious as well.

Interior dash design, trunk space, overall capacity inside. 16" 5 spoke Chevy wheels are nice, telescoping steering wheel

didn't like the placement of the door lock button near radio, seatbelt restraint buckles are very hard to use, back of front bucket seats should be plastic/vinyl to keep little kids shoes from dirtying seat, wish the center cosole compartment was bigger.

Overinflated Gas Mileage
By arizonaeyes

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car for the gas mileage because I drive over 700 miles per week.
I had an SUV that was getting 21 miles per gallon and was promised at least 42 or more miles per gallon with the Cruze.
I have never come close to this gas mileage. I drove from Wisconsin to Texas and back .
My mileage was 24 miles per gallon.
The acceleration on this car is sluggish, there is wind noise that is extreme, the vehicle is not comfortable for any trips longer than an hour.

The outside of the car is stylish and the dash display and location of controls are convenient.

Be honest about the gas mileage, acceleration and wind noise. Make the seats more comfortable with more lumbar support.

16 month 26k review- still VERY happy
By matheson1977

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Car continues to impress me. Well built, dependable, and im getting 35mpg average in my hilly terrain. It still feels like a more expensive car. No regrets trading my lemon 07 Camry for the Cruze. I would without a doubt recomend the Cruze.

Smart, well designed interior, classy styling, fuel economy, reliability and build quality, quiet ride.

More off line power would be nice, i would also like to have the 5 door version they get overseas.

Six month update
By katydid1

2011 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I previously wrote a review on my Cruze Eco over 5 months ago after having it for two weeks.
Well, it's been six months now and I am still really happy with it and I am now averaging 34.5mpg between half highway and half city driving.
I did drive over 500 miles each way to Ohio and it performed well and was very comfortable too.
I am also very proud to own a Lordstown-made Cruze as I grew up very close to there and know that it was made well by good local UAW workers.

1 year review, love our Cruze
By ricksreview

2011 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have over 25,000k already. The Cruze has been very dependable. It continues to feel solid and well built. We are getting average of 38mpg with a loaded model with automatic transmission. Bought as a commuter car and we could not be more pleased with it!

Looks, drives, and feels much more upscale than the price would suggest. So far much more reliable than the 03 Jetta i traded in.

I would like another 60 or so hp with the same fuel economy.