Used 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan Consumer Reviews - 162 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cruze model:

Chevy Cruze 2012
By wildcatmom

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fantastic car! I really like it. It seems a little snug at first but anything that it might lack in comfort it more than makes up for on the road. Gas mileage is unbelieveable and it handles well. Not like the 4 cylinders I remember from way-back-when.....definitely check this car out before you buy a any other!

Terrible Transmission!
By jennmck

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Transmission shifts hard which causes you to be jerked.
It's like if someone were popping a clutch and this is in automatic!!!
I have had it in the shop for the recalls and the transmission has been looked at twice.
The 'computer' says it's fine.
It is not fine.
I filed a complaint with GM and they tried to work with the dealership on putting me in something else but nothing can be done unless I want to fork over money.

Exterior (minus the chrome on the trunk area).

Recall the transmission! It is irresponsible for a company to ignore a major defect. Just because a computer tells you there is not a problem.

Chevy Curse
By speedemonjoker

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan LT Fleet 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Recalls!!! The Steering is numb with little feedback, the Brakes are soggy, and the trany shifts awkwardly. Worst is the throttle response which is unpredictable and Dangerous at times, such as when you’re crossing a busy street.
The interior is nice to sit in and use, but is ugly to look at.
Featuring chrome, matte, glossy, brushed and textured surface and so many different color lights and displays this interior is schizo and totally uncoordinated.

the body and the wheels

bring back the Pontiac Vibe

Wonderfully Perfect,Sporty,Luxury at an affordable price
By jjj1989

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought My Cruze brand new In 2011, I drove off the lot with only 7 miles on the ODO. I now have 25750 miles on It. Happy to state that I've never had any problems with my car. This is a wonderful car for a starter family, or for anyone who wants to own a new car at an affordable price. It's more value for the money than Toyota Corolla,Honda Civic, It's quieter, Much better then Any other car I test drove. For a first year vehicle reliability Has been above average for me. Plus It has a nice luxury look to the vehicle at a great price. Ignore the people that complain about
it, their either the ones that drive like maniacs or the ones who do not keep up with the Maint.

I like the Interior extremely high quality look, the smooth shifting transmission, the peppy little turbo-charged 1.4L engine, the style on the exterior including the headlamps, the fog lights, the chrome grille on my vehicle, easy to use Navigation touchscreen chrome trim.

Backseat room another 4.5-5.5 inches of legroom would be recommended for older children, possible two-tone color options for the exterior, also even some backseat vents maybe?

By nolikecheve

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Sedan 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Cruze in Nov of 10.
I have had shifting issues from the get go.
The dealership made me feel like it was all in my head.
Since I have hit the 18000 mile mark, I have had nothing but problems with the transmission and electrical system.
I have had it in the shop 6 tims in the last 2 mths and to 2 different dealerships.
I was told that there is nothing they can do to fix my car.
I was back there just this morning with the tire pressure sensor. It is not the firs time...
It keep saying my rt front tire need air AND the just roated my tires 2 weeks ago.
What is up with that?

At this point, the XM radio

Train the service managers treat you like a human being and not like I am some lame person that knows nothing about cars and that I do not have any working brain cells in my head. I am now a broken loyal Chevrolet customer. I will never buy one again. I do not like dealing with lawyers and I surely do no like suing anyone, but I am scared to drive this vehicle especially on a major highway or turnpike. My transmission should not be overheating when it is only a year old.