Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

They finally got it right.
By Ron

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased a 2005 auto Vette 11/05 and had nothing but trouble with it, mostly electronics. I took a chance and purchased a 2008 12/15/07 with six speed and very little in options. What a car. The ride is better, my wife hated the ride in the 2005, and it is a joy to drive. The color is Crystal Red and is an attraction where ever we ago. Gas mileage is around 25 mpg. The six speed has enhanced the overall enjoyment even when in traffic, which is common in the DFW area freeways. My next Vette will be the ZR1- I hope.

Looks great and the Crystal Red color is beautiful. Quickness and drive is wonderful.

Pure Adrenaline Rush!
By Mark C

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

No doubt this is an awesome car to drive and own. You will get a lot of attention as you drive up and down the roads in this fine tuned machine. I have the crystal red with a 6 speed manual.

Love the 6 speed transmission and the fast 6.2 engine.

Well I developed the infamous pop in my targa roof. Only has 200 miles. I will try to use some grease and hope this fixes the problem. Chevy needs to get rid of the 1-4 shift. This is very annoying while driving. There is an aftermarket module to fix this problem but why should you have to?

08 Vette
By dirk Miller

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Driving either on the track or milk runs to Safeway is really enjoyable. Magnetic shocks energized for comfort or tighter sport ride is the way to go for me. No wonder the ZR1 is using similiar technology. Gas mileage has a wide range; from 13 in town to truly over 3l mpg on the freeways.

Bold power, magnetic ride, heads up display

Rear brake rotors are cooled with air vents while front brakes are not. For $25 I installed the Z06 front air ducts to hit the rotors at 90 degrees. Front brakes need more cooling than rears. The rugs could use a denser and higher quality nap. I'd pay more for a higher quality of seat leather

2008 Red Vette
By M13

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Excellent car providing power on demand, great fuel mileage, and fun to drive. Zero problems so far. Mostly in town driving with an average of 20.7 MPG in stop and go traffic..not bad! Appears to be getting about 27-28 MPG on the open road at a steady 55MPH. This is the best of 4 Vettes I've owned over the years and hopefully it won't be my last.

Sleek lines, excellent finish, power, gas mileage, run flats with excellent grip.

Extended XM radio service should be included in the price.

Best American Car I've Ever Owned
By Whaler21

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not one for american cars. Honda and Toyota are the quality I expect. So spending 45K on this car was a huge gamble for me. If Toyota or Honda made a real supercar then there would be no Vette in my garage. But I have to say, without a doubt this is one of the best cars in America today. Built with quality and not one problem so far. Very happy with the performance, 26+MPG on the highway and the fit and finish that will match anything from Japan. The 08 is much more than the 07 model. Hold out for a 08, you will be glad you did. Excellent ride and performance for the money. Much nicer dash layout than any other year Vette. I'm just so happy the fit and finish is as nice as it is. Also, Chevy is finally after all these years making the dash layout worth looking at. Seeing the same dash components in the Vette as the Chevette is one reason I waited so long to get one. Much better dash/interior than the previous years. Go and get one.

6 speed manual is fun. Dual mode exhaust is a must have. Z51 is a must have. Are the rest of the bells and whistles worth the cost? Not to me. I stayed with the L1 package. Best bang for the buck.