Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Best money ever spent
By George Ware

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I owned a 1984 and a 1986 Z51 C4. I liked the C5 but didn't have the money. When I picked up my black on black 3LT C6 the smile stuck to my face. and now I have high blood pressure when ever you push the start button 8^). I love this car... and after a year & 8k miles it keeps getting better!

Nav system, dual mode head up display, memory package, 6 speed and selective ride control, cross drilled brakes, univ. Home remote, dual mode performance exhaust, heated driver & passanger seat.

Less brake dust

American Muscle
By Tony Fiorello

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 11th Corvette since I was 18. I have had a pretty wide spread of years and this 2008 steals the show! Very docile in traffic but packs a heck of a punch when desired. I had a fast 1972 LT1 car that this one would probably beat, and be more comfortable doing it. The electronic suspension control really steps up to the plate when needed. Thanks Chevy, you're number 1 in my book!

It's all about the performance
By mp

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this car strictly for the performance. It is not a daily driver for me. This is my first Vette. I test drove TT,335I, IS350, G35. The power of this car with NPP,Z51 and 6 speed manual is a rush. Nothing compares in this price range. I do think the seats could be more comfortable and I will replace the run flats with Pilot Sports when worn out. The targa top "pops" over large bumps. I've been told that is a common issue but easy to fix. When driving aggressively I sometimes have troulbe finding 3rd gear. Bought the Mild to Wild dual mode exhaust controller and run it open all the time. The sound is awesome. Overall very happy with it and can't wait to get back in it.

6 speed, NPP exhaust and Z51. New rims for 08. Push button start. Being able to select competitive mode or turn off traction control. It does make a difference in acceleration. Be careful though!

Lose the run flats. Better seats. Insulate center console better. It does get hot. Get rid of the packages and let people order options ala carte. I would have loved heads up display but did'nt want the extras with it. Lose the pain in the rear 1st to 4th shift.

They finally got it right.
By Ron

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased a 2005 auto Vette 11/05 and had nothing but trouble with it, mostly electronics. I took a chance and purchased a 2008 12/15/07 with six speed and very little in options. What a car. The ride is better, my wife hated the ride in the 2005, and it is a joy to drive. The color is Crystal Red and is an attraction where ever we ago. Gas mileage is around 25 mpg. The six speed has enhanced the overall enjoyment even when in traffic, which is common in the DFW area freeways. My next Vette will be the ZR1- I hope.

Looks great and the Crystal Red color is beautiful. Quickness and drive is wonderful.

Pure Adrenaline Rush!
By Mark C

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

No doubt this is an awesome car to drive and own. You will get a lot of attention as you drive up and down the roads in this fine tuned machine. I have the crystal red with a 6 speed manual.

Love the 6 speed transmission and the fast 6.2 engine.

Well I developed the infamous pop in my targa roof. Only has 200 miles. I will try to use some grease and hope this fixes the problem. Chevy needs to get rid of the 1-4 shift. This is very annoying while driving. There is an aftermarket module to fix this problem but why should you have to?