Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Enjoying my lifetime dream car!
By johncarl

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Lucky guy! I also own a new Camaro and love it.
I have always wanted a Corvette since working at a dealership after high school. I checked out a local 2008 that I located on the internet. I had never driven one and didn't know if the power would be too much for me to handle.
It wasn't and I bought it too. This car drives perfectly at any speed. And I simply love its beauty and performance. My lifetime car choice had
been right all along. I have the Atomic Orange 3LT transparent removable roof. I can't seem to stay out of this car. I receive compliments on both cars each time I drive them. I agree with every positive thing I have read on this forum. Buy one if u can!

Power, handling, HUD, 3LT package, ride comfort, 6-disc CD changer and Bose speakers, manual transmission, memory and heated seats, garage remotes,trunk space. To sum it up, I cannot think of anything I don't like.

Bluetooth would be nice.

Vette Owner w/Real Objective Review
By VetteOwner

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned my '08 vette for 26 months and enjoy it. The car is great overall, is fun to drive, but is far from perfect. Here are the issues I've dealt with and you'll see why I gave the reliability a 3 ranking. After 1 week the glove box latch fell apart. In less than a year the rear end started clunking around corners, replaced the fluid. At year 1 the clutch pedal started squeaking every time it was released, replaced the position sensor. At year 1.5 a cam position sensor failed. After 2 years the water pump failed. Worst of all is that the first set of tires only lasted 16,000 miles with easy driving. Be prepared for lots of driving fun and numerous trips to the dealer for repairs.

Exterior styling, engine horsepower, manual transmission, overall performance, great seats, and the hatchback storage capacity. After 26 months my car still smells new inside. Even with the poor reliability, I love the car.

Car should be much more reliable than it is. Be prepared for trips to the dealer for repairs every 6 months or so.

Great overall car with some flaws
By Chad

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

C6 LS3 Corvettes are arguably the best sports car value for the money. No other manufacturer can give you the performance, reliability, comfort, fuel economy, design and value that Chevrolet provides. I've owned my 'Vette for ~ 1 yr and can't be happier with the experiences thus far. The car has unbelievable amounts of HP and torque. The ride is quite comfortable too; on par with most sports sedans / coupes. The interior is a little sub par when taking into consideration the MSRP when new, but I'd recommend not purchasing new if you want to save some considerable money. The seats are a little flimsy, but for daily driving or simply cruising, the seats are more than adequate.

Exhaust note, engine power and torque, heads-up-display, exterior styling, value, fuel mileage, cost-to-own. I'm now a Corvette owner for life!

Interior design, interior materials are cheap in some areas (4LT dresses up the cabin quite a bit), padded center console armrest and door armrests should be standard, Navigation GUI is outdated and ugly, conventional spare rather than run flats, some exterior panel fitment is off.

Boyhood dream
By Jack

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I've salivated over Vettes ever since the 1958 model came out, and still think the 58 - 61 models are the most beautiful cars ever made. Wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, so my first vehicles weren't much to talk about, then along came wife and children. Children all grown now with their own children, so I love my machine silver 2008 LT3 convertible with titanium interior and gray top. My wife never liked Vettes, but now she's a fan too! Nearing 16,000 miles and only one small issue - the cheap plastic glove box latch broke and was replaced under warranty. NPP option is nice. I added a "mild to wild" module (easy to do) so I can run in either mode at touch of a button.

From pussycat to wildcat with a mere flex of the right foot. Can actually tour in this car without feeling beat up at end of trip. Magnetic ride control. Averaged 28.6 MPG on 1500 mile trip, 70 -80 MPH. Saw 35 mpg on a 50 mile leg at 55 MPH. Awesome acceleration! Service - Chevy dealers everywhere

More supportive seats. Handling on a par with it's European competition - you can do this, Chevy! Spice up the bland interior and use soft touch materials, especially on the center console. Fix the unacceptably slow down-shifts of the paddle shift and add "throttle blip". Better, quieter run-flats.

2008 Z06 is a winner!
By C6YelowZ06

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love this car! I have had 4 back fusions and triple neck fusion and this fits like a glove. It is hard to get in and out of at 55 but once in it, I hate to get out. It is truly an amazing automobile, especially for the money. I have yet to have it over 155 but I can't wait. It performed very well on a NASCAR track, I can't tell you which one, obviously, but it was unbelievable going into a corner at 150 and the "G meter" shows only .6! I was too afraid to put it into the wall, plus my tires had 4500 miles on them. With sticky rubber, I think it could have gone into the corner at 175 but I am too old for that. WOW, you have to get one of these before you die!

575 hp with very little mods-only CAI, tune & muffler change! Headers, cam & heads could push it over 600 easy - this is a must have!

The driveline should be beefier, but i have not had any problems. I just know some who have, but they probably did not read their manual. YOU HAVE to put the car in competitive mod before smoking the tires. By the way, why would you heat up radials anyway? Competition tires I can understand.