Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Z06 7.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (18 reviews )

My Best Corvette Yet (Number 8)
By K7XB

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This 2008 Corvette ZO6 is the second ZO6 I've owned...and by far the best. Back in 68' I had another 427 Corvette but it sure didn't have the performance of this new one. Looks like GM now knows how to transfer all 505 hp to the road. Good job guys! Super car this ZO6.

1). Hand made LS7 with 505 hp. 2). Traction 3). New head lights...I can see at night now. 4). Styling. Love the fixed roof and sloping rear window. Big improvement over my 2004 C5 ZO6.

The Nav system isn't as good as it should be for the extra $1750. Stop making so many Commemorative Edition Corvettes!

What a beast!
By Cokernut

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I finally pulled the trigger when Chevy had the employee pricing. I couldn't be happier with the car. The acceleration is breathtaking. The lines of the car are sharp and a real eye catcher. My only complaint on this beast is the stereo sound system. For $70K put a good sound system in. I purchased the atomic orange Z06 and it accelerates like an atomic bomb and the roar of the exhaust is better than the stereo anyways. I have owned a 1990 Vette and the technology now is just unbelievable especially the Z06. Am I happy with the car, heck yes.

The engine and the beautiful color. Heads up display is so cool. It's like you are in a fighter jet.

Get a good sounding stereo system. Other than that the boys in Detroit did good!

Simply awesome
By dsinned

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

427 cubes of modern day small block, push rod V8 engine technology is a wonderful thing! I never thought it would happen in an age of hybrids and ever greener emission standards. The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is the best of all worlds. Big time muscle car performance, yet still docile and comfortable enough for every day commuting. It don't get much better than this! Corvette still rules as America's #1 favorite sports car. Thank you Chevrolet!

The 505hp LS7 is a modern marvel of old fashion, but highly modernized push rod V8 engine techology, with 3" exhausts, is music to my ears. C6 coupe "fixed" roof with fastback sloping rear window is a huge styling improvement over the of the last Z06. Most street legal bang for the buck available bar none!

Too much sunlight glare on LCD screen of optional NAV system. Font of DIC and HUD could be a little sharper. A little more rim protector rubber side walls would prevent more than a few potential curb rash mishaps.

True sports coupe (Z06)
By Z06 owner

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my first Vette ever(Red 2008 Z06). I traded a 07 BMW 335i (I miss it by the way). The Z06 feels very fast and safe. Ggreat handling, great brakes, fat tires, low to the ground, super wide, etc. The looks of this car is just unbelievable. The regular Vette looks so plain and simple compared to the fat fender z06. This car is a real challenge for Ferrari, Porsches, Lamborghinis, you name it. This car screams on the highway, the sound of the engine is spectacular. It makes you want to go to the garage and just start up the car so that you can hear the engine. This car is a perfect sport coupe with a huge trunk (best on its class)

Appeal (very wide, very low, flared fenders). Huge brakes, wide tires. The gearing makes this car reasonable in highway gas mileage, it is very good for a 505hp car. This car is a compliment magnet, it is attractive to all ages, genders, races, you name it.

Stock XM sounds like junk. Center console gets literally hot (very bad insulation). Trunk never closes, you must try several times. Stereo is mediocre, Bose let us down, I have had cheap cars with better stereo. Dusty brake pads. removable top.

Do I have a lemon
By RICHARD LEE

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have been having constant problems with my new Z06.1. The automatic shift from 1st to 4th light does not comes on and off whether I am actually shifting from 1st to 4th. Sometimes the vehicle will not let me fill a full tank instead it only allows me to fill 1/2 a tank. My traction light comes on and off whenever it wants and it seems the rear end is slipping. When I make wide slow turns the steering wheel gets rock hard and I have to really hold it tight as if I didnt have power steering. When I pull my vehicle up to my drive way I hear the roof of the car crackling as if the roof is shifting. My power seat control went out the first week of owership and they had to replace it.

I really do like the performance of the engine and how much power it has. I fell in love with the car when I saw the exterior of the vehicle.

I think for a car this expensive the interior of the vehicle could need some vamping. I thought the seats were all made of leather but I found out part was leather and other vinyl. I thought the carbon fiber dash parts were real but rather it was imitation. Even the floor matts are low quality.