Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 59 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Great overall car with some flaws
By Chad

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

C6 LS3 Corvettes are arguably the best sports car value for the money. No other manufacturer can give you the performance, reliability, comfort, fuel economy, design and value that Chevrolet provides. I've owned my 'Vette for ~ 1 yr and can't be happier with the experiences thus far. The car has unbelievable amounts of HP and torque. The ride is quite comfortable too; on par with most sports sedans / coupes. The interior is a little sub par when taking into consideration the MSRP when new, but I'd recommend not purchasing new if you want to save some considerable money. The seats are a little flimsy, but for daily driving or simply cruising, the seats are more than adequate.

Exhaust note, engine power and torque, heads-up-display, exterior styling, value, fuel mileage, cost-to-own. I'm now a Corvette owner for life!

Interior design, interior materials are cheap in some areas (4LT dresses up the cabin quite a bit), padded center console armrest and door armrests should be standard, Navigation GUI is outdated and ugly, conventional spare rather than run flats, some exterior panel fitment is off.

Great Car (3LT, NPP, Z51, 6M)
By Frank

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I traded in my 03 BMW M3 for the corvette. Overall I am very happy with the total package. The engine is amazing and the exhaust note (mild to wild installed) is awesome. The interior fit and finish (quality of materials) does not stand up to the M3 but I prefer driving this car. Only problem that I have experienced was a faulty alternator that left me stranded one night but was replaced quickly by the dealer. The pure performance alone is a good reason to get one!

Exterior looks fantastic

Better interior materials

Great Car Little Money
By Great

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

Wonderful automobile. Runs terrific, handles well, and wow what an incredible acceleration. Fasters car I have ever owned. Have owned Porsche and many Mustangs. Incredible automobile.

Engine. 6.2 LS3

Interior. 70K should have nicer guts.

BEST VETTE YET
By Dave Torres

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased an 08,z51 package and I love it.I've owned 4 vettes one being a 69 with 327 which I loved,but this baby is my favorite.I can complain about anything,it's great that. All American Chevy has taking the vettes to the next level,awesome...

The exhaust, I was shown what it sounds like with and without the fuse, dates have to get used to a non-fuse, it's fantastic.

None

Neck Snapping Fast
By 1st Corvette

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I have only owned sports cars, and this is the fastest car I have ever owned. Had several Mustangs, Porsches, and now my first Chevrolet. The 6.2 litre is has more horsepower than most will be able to handle. This car could break the tires loose in 4th gear. I almost didn't purchase the car because I thought the interior was kind of cheap looking. But I have adjusted. Car sounds good! Who doesn't like an American V8. Had some issues with heated seats, headlight, and stereo is subpar.

6.2 litre engine. 6 speed transmission. 19inch stock chrome wheels. Keyless entry, keyless start.

Stereo is a little weak, interior feels cheesy at first.