Used 2008 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Pure Adrenaline Rush!
By Mark C

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

No doubt this is an awesome car to drive and own. You will get a lot of attention as you drive up and down the roads in this fine tuned machine. I have the crystal red with a 6 speed manual.

Love the 6 speed transmission and the fast 6.2 engine.

Well I developed the infamous pop in my targa roof. Only has 200 miles. I will try to use some grease and hope this fixes the problem. Chevy needs to get rid of the 1-4 shift. This is very annoying while driving. There is an aftermarket module to fix this problem but why should you have to?

An Elephant in the Alps
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I got this car in place of a Porsche 911 S and believe me, this car is no Porsche. It's huge for a "sports car". A sports car is supposed to be small, powerful and nimble. The Vette's handling is comparable to an elephant trying to perform on the balance beam at the Olympics. Sure, I like the power under the hood. 30 horses with the dual mode exhaust sounds great, but that's about the only thing that's great on this car. After driving BMW's, Z cars, Porsche's and even my Mercedes E350, I am very disappointed in the way this car's handing and appointments are for the money. Can't anyone in the U.S. build a "sports car" at least in the league of the afore mentioned. Pitiful.

The power.

Downsize the car (baby elephant walk comes to mind). Build the car so tires that are 2 miles wide don't have to make up for the car's poor handling. The Bose sound system is a joke. The interior quality is a joke along with the cheap convertible top. The front of the car scrapes most of the time.

Wow!
By Paul

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.2L 8cyl 6M)

I had an M3 ten years ago which was the benchmark for me for purchasing a new sports car. The Corvette handles as well as the M3 with an enormous amount of power. I still can't wipe the smile off of my face everytime I drive this car.

Everything

None

Simply awesome
By dsinned

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

427 cubes of modern day small block, push rod V8 engine technology is a wonderful thing! I never thought it would happen in an age of hybrids and ever greener emission standards. The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is the best of all worlds. Big time muscle car performance, yet still docile and comfortable enough for every day commuting. It don't get much better than this! Corvette still rules as America's #1 favorite sports car. Thank you Chevrolet!

The 505hp LS7 is a modern marvel of old fashion, but highly modernized push rod V8 engine techology, with 3" exhausts, is music to my ears. C6 coupe "fixed" roof with fastback sloping rear window is a huge styling improvement over the of the last Z06. Most street legal bang for the buck available bar none!

Too much sunlight glare on LCD screen of optional NAV system. Font of DIC and HUD could be a little sharper. A little more rim protector rubber side walls would prevent more than a few potential curb rash mishaps.

What an awesome Vette
By Jersey Jeff

2008 Chevrolet Corvette 427 Limited Edition Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 4th new Corvette, my first Z06, and by far my most powerful and fun Vette ever. This car looks incredible and has the performance to match the looks. Complete strangers tell me they love it, and even my wife saw it and said it was the best looking Vette she had ever seen. I bought it 48 hours later. It graces my garage parked next to my 02 vette (7,200 miles) which I am saving for my only daughter who was born in 2002. The license plates have her name and 02. At 5 years old she is already a Vette fanatic, she has good taste like her dad and mom.

The sound of that motor is music to my ears, so much so that I do not even listen to the radio at all. It screams power from start to shut down,and oh what a feeling. The car just exceeds my every expectation and was money well spent no matter what fuel cost.

Auto-up for the windows would have been a great feature. That is the only thing I have found annoying about the car in my first few months of ownership.