Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Purchased But Not Pursuaded
By mike wilk

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Purchased a 2007 Corvette Coupe. Still getting used to this car. Traded in a 2015 Camaro V6 for it. With no warranty other than a 30 day/1000 mile transmission warranty, feel somewhat walking on thin ice. Took car in for oil change. Oil seeping around oil pan. It turned into a $900 job by the time all was said and done. Shortly after, I noticed the front quarter panel was sticking out, no longer attached to the frame. Tab connecting panel to the body was broken and duct tape was hanging down on the ground. Took vehicle back to place of purchase and showed them my findings. Car went to body shop for repair. No charge. As for the car itself, its a vette, plain and simple. Repairs are expensive, parts are expensive, anything that says Vette on it is expensive. Still, its a corvette. BASED ON REPAIR COSTS AND MAINTENANCE COSTS, I CAN I EXPECT $1,000 MINIMUM CHARGE FOR BRAKES, TIRES, A/C UNIT, TORQUE BEARING ETC... If I had the opportunity to do it over again, I'd choose to get a 2008 or newer and automatic. Stay away from convertibles and not interested in a track car. This purchased car is a daily driver and I enjoy driving the standard, after all, it is a muscle car, still, I'm an older guy and driving over speed bumps everyday just to get to the main road sucks. Overall, the the 2007 Z51 3LT has many advanced features that are credit worthy. Its a beautiful car and deserves to be run. "Drive it like you own it (or as my wife says, "Drive it like you stole it."...and enjoy the ride!!! There are those are on the road that wish they had a Vette and there are those who drive a Vette. Cheers.

Update: traded Corvette in for 2017 Camaro. Much happier with this purchase. Guess I'm not a Corvette owner after all. Still, I appreciate the Corvette, and enjoy seeing them on the road and in the driveway...just not my driveway.

Fun car
By Angel Aviles

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great and fun car to drive, has a lot of power. On Star adds safety and navigation to your trip, vehicle tracking and communication. Radio is lacking Bluetooth technology, but it got installed in newer models. The vehicle is very reliable, I used it as my daily driver and no complaints whatsoever. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone.

10 years and still love it
By Older Guy

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I am a long time owner of imports, mostly Porsches, Alfas, BMW... I intentionally bought a base model 1LT because I wanted the fewest things that could go wrong. I simply wasn't ready to buy any American car with all the accessories and options. My worries were for naught. I've driven the car for 35K miles on long trips and day trips. I'm retired so I don't drive it to work. The car has been virtually trouble free and the maintenance costs are quite low. Usually just an oil change annually ($100 prox) I do have all the fluids changed every 5 years even though the mileage was still quite low. ($800 but I've figured how how to get it done for a lot less) The manual transmission is fun and precise. It's in character with the car and my driving style. Seats are comfortable enough to drive for 4 or 5 hours without fatigue or other issues. I've never wanted for any of the options that come with higher trim levels. Base radio/CD works just fine, even the base model comes with power windows, brakes, stability control, etc. I still had a fair amount of trad left on the OEM tires, but replaced them after 8 years just because of age. Replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season run flats. So far, so good. Much quieter than oem Goodyears. I'd consider a brand new Corvette but can't see any reason to get rid of this one.

Corvette has blistering speed
By Brian Hook

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Car is nice. Though it's a base model, corvettes have a lot of whistles and bells. Its rather an oxymoron term, since you would assume its a stripped model, when its actually fully loaded. Power 6 way seats include power lumbar and power side bolster in seats. Lots of power. On average im getting 22 to 23 mpg. On road trip using cruise control I got 29mpg with mild launches, so its great. Ive wanted vette for 30 years and it finally became a reality. I enjoy every time the car turns on.

A decent car
By antwoine

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is actually my second Corvette. I love the performance and the sleek lines of the exterior. The exterior, however, leave much to be desired. The hard plastic isn't so attractive. The roof also creaks and squeaks in the heat. That becomes annoying after driving on bumpy roads and long stretches. The C6 model also has a pretty badly-designed harmonic balancer. It's been a known design flaw for at least a few years now.

My favorite features are the heads up display and the Bose stereo.

Build a better and more sturdier interior. Also, design a better harmonic balancer.