Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

My 2007 C6 Rocks' Chevy's in the Game!
By wrb

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had a lot of different sport cars and roadsters which includes MG's to 1967 Firebird, 1972 Chevelle SS, 1967 Triump, BMW's Z-3, Z-4 and the 3 series which then led me back to machines that can perform like my Harley Davidson VRod with a few mods pushs over 120hp. Nothing even comes close to coming back to an American made quality product like the Corvette. You really need to start looking at what GM has produced its better quality than any foreign car that I've owned in the last 20 years. Chevy, you rock.

Gas mileage, I get 23 in the city and 33 on the highway. Chevys has really out done themselves on desinging an excellent product. I have had it over a year and its been perfect car.

They need a button to disconnect the first to forth gear jump function.

Rocky from the OC in California
By Rocky

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I went from a 2001 ZO6 to a 2007 coupe. The coupe's ride is signifigantly smoother than the ZO6 and I recommend the coupe as a daily driver vs ZO6. The coupe is very powerful & styling can't be beat. I receive a lot of turned heads & waives from other Vette drivers. Gasoline mileage is good not great, lots of cargo space but interior fit & finish lacking. Has been in and out of the shop for warranty issues; cigarette lighter not working - glove box open/close latch keeps breaking - cheap plastic. Removable top, although light in weight for it's size, needs two people to safely taking on-off. As a previous owner of a ZO6 I'd opt for the coupe every time as ZO6 is designed for racing.

The coupe Corvette is a performance vehicle combining great looks, technology, and high end performance. Head Up Display, improved interior over pervious model, cargo space, seating comfort and it is a one of a kind and extremely enjoyable to drive. Reliability average recommend extended warranty.

Designers should combine chrome accents on the exterior. The interior uses too much plastic and it shows cheap. Fit and finish drastically improved over C5 but it does not compare to other performance vehicles in the market place - Porche-BMW- Lexus. More money should be expended on the interior.

Outstanding car, but not perfect.
By Snowman

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my second Corvette. The first was a Yellow C5 Coupe. It was an awesome car and I loved every day I drove it. This White C6 is also a great car. I was so enamored with the extra 50hp that I didn't even notice how bad the "paddle shifters" were until I'd had it for a couple months. The six-speed auto is head and shoulders above the four-speed auto that was in my C5. But forget using the paddles. By the time it actually changes gears, the moment has passed and you forget you wanted to do something. I also preferred the C5s interior. I do love lots of the features of the C6 and in full-auto mode it's really quick. But I think I should have gotten the manual.

400hp, exterior styling, lighter targa top, g-meter on heads-up, cup holder

Junk or fix the paddle shifters. A real semi-auto gearbox would be cool. Cheaper price for glass top. I love it (had one on my C5), but they are pretty steep. Heads-up with lower option packages.

Great car to own
By Roger

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

With out doubt, the best performance bang for the buck. Unbelievable fuel mileage from a 400 HP engine. Drove it up to Utah from So Cal, averaged 30.5 MPG over 1750 miles! No problems yet. Car is great as a daily driver, gets compliments were ever you take it. Also surprisingly easy to insure.

Strong performance, Great brakes (Z-51 option) very comfortable seating, great Bose radio, Awesome styling.

Power steering is a little to firm at speed. Noticed rear tires are wearing out surprisingly fast, car leaves black marks behind it all the time (probably a design flaw) Exhaust is a little to quiet-personal preferance only.

Best buy for a true sports car
By Alan Rubin

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It took a little time for me to get used to a car with this much power, but I really enjoy the car. The riding comfort is great. the car rides very smoothly, however it is a little noisy. However the car is not as hot rough riding as its predecessors. Interior design is not bad and there is enough storage room for most items. There are some minor things that could have been done a little differently, but they are very minor. The exterior of the car is beautiful, a true American sports car, we can all be proud of. Gas mileage is great, I get 22 in the city and 30+ on the hwy. So far, quality and reliability are very good. Only one problem which has been corrected.

Targa roof, could not live without it. More than enough power for everyday driving. A great everyday car, unlike the Dodge Viper. Fun car to drive and great handling. I wish it was a little less noisy, but it is not bad. Car almost feels like a luxury sports car and a great buy for the money.

A little less noisy. Could improve the center console with a nicer looking cover on the console. A little more support in the seats. I wish there was a switch to keep Fog lights on whenever the regular lights are on.