Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Best Vett Yet
By Robert

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned Corvettes since my first in 1974. I bought it new upon my return from Vietnam. I traded my 2004 in on this one and it is by far the best one I have owned. My next one may be the new ZR1 that just came out, but I am not sure.

Style, again one look and you know it is a Corvette with nothing else out there like it. Performance, nothing can touch it for the money and many far more expensive can not either. (Sorry Viper)

Make it even faster.

Trim / Molding Windows and Differential
By Roy

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I guess I can start by saying this car is my mid-life crisis car, anyway the car performs everytime time I put my foot into. It fires like a bullet, no complaints for power, but there are some other problems so beware. My vehicle has had molding on the driver & passengers side replace twice for peeling. Front windshield crack and replaced due to body stress as descibe in my documentation. Rear differential went out grining noise when backing up or going around curves. Dealer wants to add rear differential TSB-additive waste of time. My passenger door has a continous rattle in the center of the panel with very little volume on speakers. GM fix is adding foam to interior of door, doesn't work.

400 horses

Remove the rubberize coating on mold trimming. Encase door panel with more insulation which will also help keep out road noise. Beware of winshield cracks my be due to falty glass or body stress. Gauges should be at the touch of a botton on steering wheel for headup display.

Reliability 07 Vette
By 07Reliability

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Reliability is not there. Electrical system drains battery so car will not start if car is left parked for more than 10 days. So many things on this car are attached to the battery--it does nothing but kill battery. Try taking this car to the airport and come back 2 weeks later and see what happens. When you're not driving for even short periods in must be plugged in to a charger. Dealer says all is working properly-- even the car manual says battery will not last more than 25 days?

Great performance, great ride, looks great also

Electrical system needs vast redesign improvements by GM so as not to drain battery. Quality/reliability --to me it means the car will start.

Squeaks and rattles
By familymealdeal

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Soon after I got this car something inside the door panel started to rattle. Had to go to 3 different dealer to finally get one willing to take the door panel off to fix. Squeaks/rattle all over the car when driving on rough surface. Roof when stored in trunk squeaks like mad. Window squeaks when rolled all the way up where it hits the roof. Dealer would apply some lube which works for about a week then rattle/squeaks returns and becomes worse. Get real people with 400hp the acceleration isn't much faster than a V6 Toyota Camry with 270hp. It probably is not worth to endure the noisy tire and all the poor interior.

Engine

Interior noise

Follow up after 15 months and long drive
By Toydriver

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 07 C6 6 speed auto coupe is now broken in. I drive it only in good weather and stow it in winter, so every time I use it is a treat. Just returned from a 1300mi road trip. It is a perfect road car for two. Very comfy, plenty of passing power when you need to leave the 18wheelers in the dust, and stores plenty of luggage, golf clubs, etc. The base version is just great. It has all of the creature comforts needed. Only problem has been some noise in the rear differential which was corrected by dealer with a TSB- recommended additive to the differential lube. If I lived in a warmer climate I'd use this car as my daily driver. It's well made and I'm proud to drive the best all-American sports car.

High low-rpm torque response. Rear hatch and t-top. Comfy seats.

Goodyear OEM run-flat tires are too noisy at highway speed on conrete. I've heard that Michelin's are better.