Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2007 Red Chevy Corvette Convertible
By Rue

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Love this car! The 07 replaced my 04 which I did not like. The features, handling, automatic roof,and the horsepower are the most bang for the buck. This car has been a joy to own. I drive it to work daily. The victory red color turns heads every time. Never go anywhere that I don't hear "nice car" yelled from somewhere. The gas mileage is also impressive.

The automatic roof turns heads every time, HUD, navigation system, no key, and victory red is the way to go.

The HUD should display the gas like the 04 did. Different brakes, they squeal constantly, and the interior has a little too much plastic.

Vette
By Vette

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I woke up one day and decided it was time to treat myself to a sports car. I went to the dealer and walked out with the Vette 1 hour later. This is by far the nicest car I ever drove. I was never a Vette person until I got behind the wheel and drove it.

Automatic top, navigation, the drive to work, the compliments I get on a daily basis. I got the montery red color that everyone comments on.

XM radio is not nearly as good as Sirius that I have on my other 2 cars

Bbest car in the world
By car-lover

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

No other car compares to this Corvette for function, style or looks. It will run with cars that cost 3 to 7 times as much and do it more comfortably and much more fuel efficient. This car sips fuel and runs like a jet

6 speed, F1 style shifter, brakes. Mid-range acceleration, looks, everything!

Allow more itemized selection of options when custom ordering, more colors

I Love It
By SRAF

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had this car for 2 months and have had zero problems. This is my 4th Vette and I thought I loved my 25th anniversary C5 - but this one is superior in every way. Interior styling is a vast improvement. They finally included a decent stereo and power top. I'm a big guy so getting out is a little difficult - but I'll live with it. Plenty of head/leg room.

Integrated DVD navigation and stereo. Power folding top. Interior and exterior styling. Monterey red paint is beautiful.

Add fuel level to HUD. Get rid of lock-out on navigation input while car is moving. IPOD input

Overachiever
By John

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

So far at 7000 miles, the car has been flawless. Explosive acceleration, delightful torque at any speed. The car is a red Z51 convertible 6 speed manual. This car has a dual personality. If you want to just commute normally, it's relatively quiet, smooth and docile. If you drop the hammer, it turns into an animal, loud and brash. Even frightening if you are not expecting it. Despite stiffer Z51 option, ride is firm, but not harsh, I was impressed also with the stiffness of the structure despite being a convertible. So far no rattles and a door squeak went away as weather warmed up.

Styling, engine, quickness of response to steering, brakes and of course, accelerator. Smoothness of powertrain power of brakes, instrumentation, overall build quality. Also, fuel economy impresses. I do a lot of freeway and I am averaging 22MPG...not bad for 400HP.

Some interior materials are cheap, seat recliner feels cheap. Also, I wish I could delete some forced options. I don't really need the HUD, automatic climate control or stability control, throttle is a bit slow to respond to blipping and there is little engine braking. Exhaust could be louder.