Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Never Again
By lowdwn

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

If I would have only known the car would be worth a 3rd of my purchase price after 3 yrs of ownership and 15,000k, I would have never bought it. The build quality makes my Wonder why and how gm is still alive. But hey, the next guy who gets the car for next to nothing sure won't have much to complain about.

I Love the rattles and squeaks! Oh and the suspension creaking-- Reminds me of my 94 F-Body!

GM should just call it quits

Falling apart
By Skydive1954

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This corvette has been a nightmare. The first thing was the top creaks when hot and has been to the shop 4 times and still not fixed. Both front sway bar links had to be replaced and the entire rack and pinion. The drivers bottom seat panel has to be replaced and the battery has been replaced. The problems just keep mounting and for a car that costs this much I would have expected better quality.

Better quality control at GM

2007 Z51 Manual (bad fit and finish)
By sir vettealot

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Don’t get me wrong the car is so much fun to drive and looks great but the interior quality is very bad and does not compare to any German or Japanese cars’ quality. It feels a little cheap. My friend drives a 2008 BMW M3 which is comparable to the vette in power and price but the interior quality on the beemer is much better than my corvette for the same price. Some of my interior trim is coming off and the car is still under warranty.

looks, power, great brakes, nice handling.

better quality interior, better fit and finish, stop with the cheap plastics.

Wow
By Chet

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This was my seventh Vette purchase. What a blast. There is no comparing this car after 20 months of ownership to any of my previous Vettes. What more can I say. I'll leave it at wow.

The car is just plain fun.The best bang for the buck for a sports car.

The battery drains pretty quick if the car sits for extended periods. A battery tender is a good investment. Chevy should give every owner one with their purchase.

Great 2007 C6
By oldsuperdave

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first GM car in 25 years. It's a 2007 coupe with 6M Z51 2LT with about 14K miles. It's a dream come true. GM has really put together a great combination of performance, practicality, and efficiency. Performance in every aspect will make you forget your troubles for awhile when driving. I'm pleasantly suprised at the effecient engine compartment layout as well as the well placed traditional interior controls, right where they should be. The interior, while good, could use a few improvements. However, overall, this is a great car. Only a slight roof sqeak and a differental noise, both corrected with known fixes.

Cornering and acceleration. For the mid-lifers like me the seats are great with the best lumbar support I've found in any car.

The interior. While good, any car in this price range should have an MP3 player and audio controls on the steering wheel. Also, there should be leather on the doors and center console and less plastic. A valet switch is needed to limit RPM while in other's care.