Used 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

4th ZO6 since 2001..Now I've got a 2009 ZO6 CSR ED
By Scooter

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

Highway Fuel economy at 80+ mph is really great considering the engine size, performance and car overall, just drove 4- 400+ mile trips back to back and averaged 26.3 mpg. If you don't mind a 6 speed for everyday driving, this car really has it all! Oil temp only runs around 162 degrees during high speed highway driving (in Texas during the summer). The older ZO6 (2001,2002,2004) that I had during the same trip at the same speeds ran up to 220 degrees+. Advise..Change all your fluids at the scheduled intervals and don't skimp...the car will run trouble free indefinately. Tires are probably the most expensive but have come down drastically over the last 4 years.. This car is really worth a look if you want a vehicle that will out run 96% of cars on the road today, is a great value, if you buy used really doesn't depreciate much, cost of ownership minimal

10 years and still love it
By Older Guy

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is amazing. I am a long time owner of imports, mostly Porsches, Alfas, BMW... I intentionally bought a base model 1LT because I wanted the fewest things that could go wrong. I simply wasn't ready to buy any American car with all the accessories and options. My worries were for naught. I've driven the car for 35K miles on long trips and day trips. I'm retired so I don't drive it to work. The car has been virtually trouble free and the maintenance costs are quite low. Usually just an oil change annually ($100 prox) I did have all the fluids changed at 5 years even though the mileage was still quite low. ($800 but I've figured how how to get it done for a lot less) The manual transmission is fun and precise. It's in character with the car and my driving style. Seats are comfortable enough to drive for 4 or 5 hours without fatigue or other issues. I've never wanted for any of the options that come with higher trim levels. Base radio/CD works just fine, even the base model comes with power windows, brakes, stability control, etc. I still had a fair amount of trad left on the OEM tires, but replaced them after 8 years just because of age. Replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport All Season run flats. So far, so good. Much quieter than oem Goodyears. I'd consider a brand new Corvette but can't see any reason to get rid of this one.

Fast
By John newton

Best corvette And fadt

Corvette has Godspeed
By Brian Hook

2007 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Car is nice. Though it's a base model, corvettes have a lot of whistles and bells. Its rather an oxymoron term, since you would assume its a stripped model, when its actually fully loaded. Power 6 way seats include power lumbar and power side bolster in seats. Lots of power. On average im getting 22 to 23 mpg. On road trip using cruise control I got 29mpg with mild launches, so its great. Ive wanted vette for 30 years and it finally became a reality. I enjoy every time the car turns on. Hearing the power that is there, and ready for my foot that can launch it to blistering speed. Feeling the power that is under my control, helped me know I can take my current career I work, and doing the same. I've launch my career with Godspeed, the same as my corvette. So in short, the ferocious raw power and speed is Godspeed.

Z06 whats not to like
By steve oneal

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am 63 years old and have driven performance cars most of my life. I was and still am a Ford guy, however! owning this car is not like my mustangs faster than your camaro. This is a whole different arena. This thing is a beast,pure and simple its made to look good and back it up. I have had compliments from import, mopar, and ford guys on how nice this car is. It does sit low so for an old fat man it is a little difficult but not bad. This car gets 27 mpg on the highway and around 18 in town if I keep my foot out of it. It will stop on a dime and give you 9 cents change. When you hit the warp pedal all I can say is man what a ride. I have no regrets owning this car. If you are thinking about getting one do it you won't be sorry.