Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2006 Corvette
By JIM STRICKLAND

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned 50 Corvettes since 1967 includig big blocks and small blocks. I have always felt like my 1967 Vette with 425 H.P. was " The Best of The Best" ... until now! I picked up my new 2006 Victory Red Coupe at the Museum last January ... and after driving it less than 11 months, I can say without a doubt, it's the "Best Damn 'Vette" I have ever owned! Over the years, I have owned Rolls, Jaguars, Ferraris, Porsches, and many muscle cars ... but I am totally convinced this 'Vette is the "Best Bang for the Buck" of any automobile ever built! 0-60 MPH in 4 seconds! ... 26+ MPG on the road and nearly 20 MPG in town! I can have it serviced in any Chevy Dealership in America!

Style, speed, looks (of the Vette) as well as the ones I get from everyone who sees it!

Offer a factory supercharger and pump it up to 650 H.P. ... or I will have a ProCharger installed as soon as I get 10,000 miles on it! All wheel drive would be "awesome"!

My Mistress
By Merrit

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Better adjustable seats would be nice and the interior could be better compared to the Euro cars I have. Performance and fun factor is unbeatable. This car is the best bang for any dollar. Need a change holder instead of a lighter/cig tray. If you can, buy one!

Heart pounding acceleration and torque.

Better interior materials. Steering needs to be quicker and the turning radius is way too big.

1st 'vette
By Ron

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had the car for about three months. At first I felt like I was driving a large sedan. After driving a Mercede SLK for 6 years the '06 Vette felt much bigger. Had to take a good look each time to remember it was a 2 seat sports car. Once I adjusted to the comfortable ride, I was able to grasp the power and the fantastic handling. Realy like the Vette and don't mis the Mercedes. I am not sorry in the least that I bought the car. Time will tell on reliability

The paddle shift is great once you adjust to it. Much better than tiptronic shifting.

Get rid of the ashtray and cup holders. Had to replace the ashtray because it kept popping open. Rather annoying, plus I don't smoke. The parking brake should be on the driver's side. My passenger keeps hitting her arm on it.

Dream Drive
By powrcat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet! I love my Victory Red '06 Z-51 Convertible. I wash it, dry it, and could stare at it for hours. I have owned an M3, SL500, CLK55 AMG, and this Vette is by far the best of them all. It really is an American dream. I will own this car forever.

Paddle shift. The automatic transmission is a lot of fun to drive!

Better original equipment. Tires that last longer.

Second One
By Travis

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a great car, this is the second Corvette I have owned. The first was a C5. This is a great car to drive. Wow can it move and turn heads. Plus I get 27 miles a gallon going 80.

Styling, performance, and color.