Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Disappointed
By Pedro

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I live in South Florida and had a black 99 C5 which I traded for this silver coupe with paddle shift, onstar, heads up display navigation and the Z51 racing package. The car gets lots of looks and has great accelerating power. One of the reasons for trading my old C5 was the top which at times leaked during very strong thunderstorms but to my surprise driving my new 2006 vette on the Florida Turnpike at high speed my roof peeled off and I was very lucky the roof flew high and swerved right into a ditch without hurting any of the drivers behind me. It is a shame that in a 56k dollars automobile we find such a poor quality. I will trade this vehicle primarily for safety reasons.

The touch screen radio is pretty good in combination with the heads up display

The top needs to be fixed, very dangerous! One incident like mine is one too many. Also the dash and the door panels need better quality materials. the door handles are rubber made and scratch easily if you wear a ring, hurting the car resale value.

True American Sports Car
By John

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great for long trips w/ upwards of 30mpg or 500 from an 18 gallon tank. Not enough side support for cornering in the seats but still holds on to the road well. Inside a little cheap, they could have used aluminum for the trim instead of aluminum-colored plastic. Engine bay not as nice as previous generation and hard to keep clean. Could have gone with a better sound system but all around this car beats out even European cars for the fun to price ratio.

Reliable GPS and XM radio, cool touch pad in the dashboard and the Heads-Up- Display makes you feel like you're sitting in the cockpit of a jet fighter.

Better sound system, higher quality interior and deeper bucket seats for a more stable ride for your backside.

Fun car
By jerry

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love pretty much everything about the car, handling, speed, style, the look of course, and for the price, it clearly is the best sports car in value. Enough said. Speed

Speed, roar of the engine, and handling

I have only had the car for a month and a half, so at this stage I see nothing wrong.

Best Corvette , {Ever}
By Stan Phillips

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 2005 C6, is the 5th Corvette that I've owned. It is also the best one I have owned. Design, workmanship, handling, power & overall driving is great. I was a little disturbed with the new body style, at first, {but}, after having it for a couple of weeks, you really see that it's a great design, with all the sculptured front fender style, rear styling etc. I liked the C5, & was going to purchase a C5, but after studying the new C6, realized that it is a {MUCH} better car. The engineering of the it is the best ever. I'm very happy with The C6 & give it a 10 rating. Chevy top engineers really did a fine job with it. Very nice Corvette, Especially for the money. Other sport type cars with it's performance,{like the Ferrari}, & Porche, cost much more.& really don't perform that much greater, or as good. I highly recommend the C6, as I'm very happy with mine.

Handling is much lighter & positive than previous Corvettes. Engine is very responsive & much more power than needed, but nice to have. Workmanship & body mat'l. I also like the new electronic actuated doors & other electronic features,& the heads up display, which is on the C5's also.

Can't think of any.

Awesome Corvette
By Pat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Corvette. The overall quality is impressive, the performance and handling is world class and awesome. We recently completed a trip from WA. State to AZ and back, 28+ MPG, cruise set at 90+. Very comfortable on the long trip. I read comments by others giving a negative to the interior and I disagree. They need to look at the other cars out there and compare, I drove the Porsches, MB and BMW. This care is at least comparable in quality and fit, but far exceeds them in performance and value.

Comfortable ride, overall quality, engine and performance, handling. All are great. Corvette building team even called me about 2 months after I bought it.

On rough pavement there is more noise transfer from the road to the cabin. This only occurs in States that won't outlaw studded tires like WA. AZ, Utah, Oregon and Southern CA. on the trip had great roads, made a big difference in sound transfer. I just turn up the stereo.