Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

This car rocks in every way
By Lance in SD

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was hooked from the first drive. My torch red machine attracts folks wherever I go. I have the six speed manual, nice short throw with a very good feel. The power top works very well. Astounded at how well freeway noise is muted at speed, which is why I bought the ragtop. I've read the C6 was designed as a ragtop - very rigid frame and body. No windshield flap (unlike the new Mustang ragtop!). The roadster is unbelievably solid, but refined. It really is an incredible automobile. Chevy got it right.

LS2, six speed, Z51 brakes, way cool appearance.

I'm still shaking from driving it. The NAV is very cool. Possibly an added external unit interface for an IPOD.

The best car ever
By JP7

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car is amazing to drive fast, tight ,and never lets you down. It's suprisingly comfortable and has great gas mileage. GM has stood behind this vehicle and serviced it remarkably well. The people who built it had an incredible work ethic I haven't seen in a long time. Museum delivery was awsome. The handling at high speeds is also excellent. I just can't believe they put together a winner .

427 cubic inch 505HP. The brakes are perfect. The sound system is excellent. The sound of the engine when going all out.

Splitter is a little weak. Should come with a radar detector. Four extra sets of tires, the first two are gone in ten thousand miles.

No Regrets!
By jdmdzk

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Usually with significant purchases of any kind there is at least a little "Buyer's Remorse". There is absolutely none regarding our 2006 Vette. I would buy a second one if I could talk my wife into it!

Aggresive but very clean exterior body style. XM radio. HUD. The "looks" and "comments" our '06 Vette receives from people whom we don't know is absolutely cool.

Beef up Bose speakers or better align the amp watts with what the speakers will support. I have a right rear speaker that is already rattling because I like it loud when going down the highway with the targa top off. Isn't that one of the many reasons for buying a Vette ;-)

Where's the fun?
By DGP123

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

A great car in every sense but difficult to find the "fun quotient". The paddle shifter is not nearly responsive enough. There is a definite lag between gears when upshifting. Downshifting is better but not great. I regret having a vehicle with 400 foot lbs of torque that will not lay rubber in any gear. Perhaps the standard transmission is more responsive. To date I have not found a place to drive this car to its limits. I would dearly love to have access to a track where I could test the advertised top end of 186 mph but alas that is not the case. It's not nimble enough to drive in the canyons and the run flat tires are a disaster - a lotus would be better. I waited a lifetime but.

Great power at a price.

More responsive paddle shifter. Lags between shifts are annoying. Regular speed rated tires not run flats.

The Last Vette I will ever own
By JefftheGreat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 C6 in July. Two weeks ago the rooftop flew off while I was driving on the freeway. I waited for 6 weeks for a replacement rooftop, and could only get it expedited - once the accident happened. Chevy Cust Serv - useless. They did nothing to care of me. Because of the defective roof panel, I requested a glass rooftop at no cost be installed - GM said no. This is my 2nd Vette and will be my last. Be prepared for a huge dissapointment when this car breaks down - and it will. The last American car I will ever own.

You will like the speed, forget about anything else.

Pay more attention to the customer. If your gonna spend $55k on a car, save yourself grief and spend it elsewhere.