Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 106 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

New Z06
By JACK SENN

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is the best car I've ever driven. The power is unbelievable. The fact that I can take a Lamborghini Gallardo or a Ferrari F490 in an American car that costs a third of what those two do is amazing. The styling is incredible, the ride is smoother than the 911 4s, or the BMW M6. This car is the real deal. My 505 hp 7.0l engine is getting about 22 miles to the gallon. This is all around the best car on the market for the money.

505 HP. Huge brakes and rotors, nav, Bose sound system. Push button start, and most of all the heads up display. Anything that can tell me how many lateral Gs I'm pulling is cool in my books.

Nothing. Well done, GM.

More fun now than when new.
By Steve Lathrop

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car drives like a dream. It is fast, it corners like its on rails and has a surprisingly comfortable ride. I have had the car 18 months and planned on using it on weekends only. However, I have recently started driving it every day and I will be selling my Lexus and driving just the Vette. It actually has more storage space for my son's hockey gear than my Lexus, and it gets better mileage.

The heads up display. I always know how fast I am going, and keep myself out of trouble with tickets.

Fun at Any Speed
By JG

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The vehicle is absolutely perfect for the price. Got lucky and financed $2K below dealer invoice (family plan)! I always look forward to driving the car. Have the LeMans Blue with Comp Grey wheels and it looks "tuff." My only regret is not having the ability to find a dealership willing to participate with the ZO6 but rest assured, I'll be trying very soon. This car rocks and I know we C6 owners are aware that we are driving one of the best sports cars on the road. A real intimidator if necessary.

400 HP, we know the "twist" and 6 SPD w/Z51 Pkg.. need I say more?

Honestly, I cannot think of any.

Big improvement on C5
By Baldegl

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Owned a 2000 C5 and the upgrade in almost every respect on the C6 is very apparent. It is amazing how quiet and relatively comfortable the car has become. The C5 seems almost primitive in comparison and build quality is significantly improved. Top is tight with no wind noise or moisture leakage. No rattles in a convertible or noticeable flex in bumps and curves so structural rigidity must be good.

6 speed transmission. Improved NAV and audio system. Great combination of handling and performance with comfort and economical use. Luggage capacity.

Interior remains a little subpar compared with the BMW 3 series and others at this price point. (I also had a 2002 M3 convertible) Option prices for things lkie wheels are high. Difficult to find without OnStar.

This car rocks in every way
By Lance in SD

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was hooked from the first drive. My torch red machine attracts folks wherever I go. I have the six speed manual, nice short throw with a very good feel. The power top works very well. Astounded at how well freeway noise is muted at speed, which is why I bought the ragtop. I've read the C6 was designed as a ragtop - very rigid frame and body. No windshield flap (unlike the new Mustang ragtop!). The roadster is unbelievably solid, but refined. It really is an incredible automobile. Chevy got it right.

LS2, six speed, Z51 brakes, way cool appearance.

I'm still shaking from driving it. The NAV is very cool. Possibly an added external unit interface for an IPOD.