Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

C6 Corvette Coupe
By Volocty

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my car now for almost 2 years and it is hands down the most exciting car I've ever owned. Power, style, and even the fuel mileage is fantastic. We just came back from a 3400 mile road trip, avg 27.2 mpg, it was so comfortable, no complaints. Passing power & it drives like it's on rails. The coupe offers the best of both worlds, as the roof comes off and stows in the back, when ever you're craving a little wind in your hair. I have the 6spd Auto w/Paddle shiffting and we used it aevery time we came across some twisty roads. I can't wait for the next road trip... (yeah I'm still smiling)

Power w/fuel mileage that is unbelievable. 6Spd Auto trans. Styling is just hot!

Better sound system. Corvette logo stiched on the seats would be nice too.

New Z06
By JACK SENN

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The Z06 is the best car I've ever driven. The power is unbelievable. The fact that I can take a Lamborghini Gallardo or a Ferrari F490 in an American car that costs a third of what those two do is amazing. The styling is incredible, the ride is smoother than the 911 4s, or the BMW M6. This car is the real deal. My 505 hp 7.0l engine is getting about 22 miles to the gallon. This is all around the best car on the market for the money.

505 HP. Huge brakes and rotors, nav, Bose sound system. Push button start, and most of all the heads up display. Anything that can tell me how many lateral Gs I'm pulling is cool in my books.

Nothing. Well done, GM.

More fun now than when new.
By Steve Lathrop

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car drives like a dream. It is fast, it corners like its on rails and has a surprisingly comfortable ride. I have had the car 18 months and planned on using it on weekends only. However, I have recently started driving it every day and I will be selling my Lexus and driving just the Vette. It actually has more storage space for my son's hockey gear than my Lexus, and it gets better mileage.

The heads up display. I always know how fast I am going, and keep myself out of trouble with tickets.

Fun at Any Speed
By JG

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The vehicle is absolutely perfect for the price. Got lucky and financed $2K below dealer invoice (family plan)! I always look forward to driving the car. Have the LeMans Blue with Comp Grey wheels and it looks "tuff." My only regret is not having the ability to find a dealership willing to participate with the ZO6 but rest assured, I'll be trying very soon. This car rocks and I know we C6 owners are aware that we are driving one of the best sports cars on the road. A real intimidator if necessary.

400 HP, we know the "twist" and 6 SPD w/Z51 Pkg.. need I say more?

Honestly, I cannot think of any.

Big improvement on C5
By Baldegl

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Owned a 2000 C5 and the upgrade in almost every respect on the C6 is very apparent. It is amazing how quiet and relatively comfortable the car has become. The C5 seems almost primitive in comparison and build quality is significantly improved. Top is tight with no wind noise or moisture leakage. No rattles in a convertible or noticeable flex in bumps and curves so structural rigidity must be good.

6 speed transmission. Improved NAV and audio system. Great combination of handling and performance with comfort and economical use. Luggage capacity.

Interior remains a little subpar compared with the BMW 3 series and others at this price point. (I also had a 2002 M3 convertible) Option prices for things lkie wheels are high. Difficult to find without OnStar.