Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

No Regrets!
By jdmdzk

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Usually with significant purchases of any kind there is at least a little "Buyer's Remorse". There is absolutely none regarding our 2006 Vette. I would buy a second one if I could talk my wife into it!

Aggresive but very clean exterior body style. XM radio. HUD. The "looks" and "comments" our '06 Vette receives from people whom we don't know is absolutely cool.

Beef up Bose speakers or better align the amp watts with what the speakers will support. I have a right rear speaker that is already rattling because I like it loud when going down the highway with the targa top off. Isn't that one of the many reasons for buying a Vette ;-)

Where's the fun?
By DGP123

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

A great car in every sense but difficult to find the "fun quotient". The paddle shifter is not nearly responsive enough. There is a definite lag between gears when upshifting. Downshifting is better but not great. I regret having a vehicle with 400 foot lbs of torque that will not lay rubber in any gear. Perhaps the standard transmission is more responsive. To date I have not found a place to drive this car to its limits. I would dearly love to have access to a track where I could test the advertised top end of 186 mph but alas that is not the case. It's not nimble enough to drive in the canyons and the run flat tires are a disaster - a lotus would be better. I waited a lifetime but.

Great power at a price.

More responsive paddle shifter. Lags between shifts are annoying. Regular speed rated tires not run flats.

The Last Vette I will ever own
By JefftheGreat

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 C6 in July. Two weeks ago the rooftop flew off while I was driving on the freeway. I waited for 6 weeks for a replacement rooftop, and could only get it expedited - once the accident happened. Chevy Cust Serv - useless. They did nothing to care of me. Because of the defective roof panel, I requested a glass rooftop at no cost be installed - GM said no. This is my 2nd Vette and will be my last. Be prepared for a huge dissapointment when this car breaks down - and it will. The last American car I will ever own.

You will like the speed, forget about anything else.

Pay more attention to the customer. If your gonna spend $55k on a car, save yourself grief and spend it elsewhere.

Always wanted
By Anthony

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

My 6 speed Vette is an experience every time I get into drive it. Compared to my previous 2001 Vette I can not wait to drive when I have the time. Full of power.

400hp with 6 speed manual. Keyless entry. Body style

Interior could use a little less plastic.

2006 Corvette
By JIM STRICKLAND

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned 50 Corvettes since 1967 includig big blocks and small blocks. I have always felt like my 1967 Vette with 425 H.P. was " The Best of The Best" ... until now! I picked up my new 2006 Victory Red Coupe at the Museum last January ... and after driving it less than 11 months, I can say without a doubt, it's the "Best Damn 'Vette" I have ever owned! Over the years, I have owned Rolls, Jaguars, Ferraris, Porsches, and many muscle cars ... but I am totally convinced this 'Vette is the "Best Bang for the Buck" of any automobile ever built! 0-60 MPH in 4 seconds! ... 26+ MPG on the road and nearly 20 MPG in town! I can have it serviced in any Chevy Dealership in America!

Style, speed, looks (of the Vette) as well as the ones I get from everyone who sees it!

Offer a factory supercharger and pump it up to 650 H.P. ... or I will have a ProCharger installed as soon as I get 10,000 miles on it! All wheel drive would be "awesome"!