Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Love My ZO6
By Big Gar

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is my first Vette.It is truly unbelievable. It cruises the highways smoothly with no effort at all, then downshift and hold on it is gone. MPG is great, as I have made several long trips and averaged 26.7 mpg. Who needs a hybrid? The heat of the center console is tolerable for a while, then move your leg, just too hot. The faster I went in this rocket the better the handling felt. Taking mountain roads with signs saying 25 mph or 35 mph on tight curves and even hairpins at twice that speed was nothing for this car. Have had two other makes of American built so called rockets back down from this car.

The exhilirating speed and handling. Overall looks. It's a head turner. The milage it gets.

Change the small wing on the trunk lid. Improve the insulation around the center console.

results from my own Z06, 2006
By Todd Harris

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

I drive my Z06, 2006 everyday. I was expecting harsh ride and bad gas mileage. I have been pleasantly surprised. I get 17 around town and 24 on the highway if I drive consertively. The car is a true supercar but totally reliable. It runs just like any other regular Corvette but the 505 horsepower is absolutely like a thrill ride at the amusement park. The worst part is replacement of the supersoft run flat tires. Insurance is not bad considering the car but I also have a perfect driving record. It runs around 1800 annually for me, a 40 year old male.

acceleration and handling.

paddle shift option, ventilated seats and a removable roof option.

What a machine
By N Virginia

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

A fine quality car that I use for just about anything. Lots of luggage space and the seating area is very comfortable. I drive this car on the back road twisties, to work, and to the grocery store. The steering is precise with plenty of feedback sliding through the corners at over 1g on the heads up display. All in perfect control in a perfectly balanced car (on a track of course). The shifter is perfect as well as the pedals and steering wheel now that it adjusts fore and aft in the Z. The more you learn about this car, the better it gets. You can tell that this car has had tons of R&D.

The power of this engine is wonderful, but talk about efficiency! On a recent trip, I got 27mpg and averaged 70.2mph on the highway. I didn't buy this car for gas mileage, but this must be the most efficient car per horsepower on the planet. Other exotics get 12mpg and I couldn't drive them to work!

Gauge/interior lights should be able to dim to a lower level and off. Other than that, this a perfect example of American quality.

My Blue ZO6
By My 5thvette

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car is one of the best beasts on the road. It rides like a Cadillac, but runs like a Ferrari. GMC -Chevrolet you guys have done a great job. The car runs, and runs. Handle great around the turns.

The interior with navigation is the best option anyone would want. The car is advanced for just a muscle car.

GMC stop the mark up on msrp, and just price the car right.

The best car ever made in the US
By My5th vette Jamil

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (7.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car is so much fun to drive, handles turns very well it's like a stealth jet. This is my 5th vVtte and by far the best ever made. The biggest downfall is the mark up dealers put on these cars. Other than that the car is a ten. By far the best ever. 505 hp is enough for the averge Joe like me! If you can afford the car then is a must to have .

The slick look to the car! And the wide rear tires. YEA! what a car. The front lights and the comfort in the cab.

NONE.. dont fix something that is perfect now!