Used 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Disappointed
By Pedro

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I live in South Florida and had a black 99 C5 which I traded for this silver coupe with paddle shift, onstar, heads up display navigation and the Z51 racing package. The car gets lots of looks and has great accelerating power. One of the reasons for trading my old C5 was the top which at times leaked during very strong thunderstorms but to my surprise driving my new 2006 vette on the Florida Turnpike at high speed my roof peeled off and I was very lucky the roof flew high and swerved right into a ditch without hurting any of the drivers behind me. It is a shame that in a 56k dollars automobile we find such a poor quality. I will trade this vehicle primarily for safety reasons.

The touch screen radio is pretty good in combination with the heads up display

The top needs to be fixed, very dangerous! One incident like mine is one too many. Also the dash and the door panels need better quality materials. the door handles are rubber made and scratch easily if you wear a ring, hurting the car resale value.

True American Sports Car
By John

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great for long trips w/ upwards of 30mpg or 500 from an 18 gallon tank. Not enough side support for cornering in the seats but still holds on to the road well. Inside a little cheap, they could have used aluminum for the trim instead of aluminum-colored plastic. Engine bay not as nice as previous generation and hard to keep clean. Could have gone with a better sound system but all around this car beats out even European cars for the fun to price ratio.

Reliable GPS and XM radio, cool touch pad in the dashboard and the Heads-Up- Display makes you feel like you're sitting in the cockpit of a jet fighter.

Better sound system, higher quality interior and deeper bucket seats for a more stable ride for your backside.

It is a way of life
By EightySixTangos

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I picked it up at the National Corvette Museum, in Bowling, Kentucky. It is a red convertible with paddle shift. Once it was broken in I drove it 2600 miles with the top down. The only problem I had was dead bugs all over the front bumper and side mirrors. I previously had a red C4 Convertible. The difference in ride quality and handling is phenomenol. Be sure and get it with Paddle Shift. Once you get used to used to it, you will notice a huge performance difference between it and the automatic. If you can, go to the National Corvette Museum for delivery. They take you on a personal tour of the factory. Remember, Corvette owners' wave at each other. Save the Wave!

The Paddle Shift, navigation, Magnetic Ride, and the keyless everything. I also like the placing of the XM Radio antenna and the Navigation System Antenna in the side mirrors. There is nothing uglier than a sleek car with its lines broken by those ugly antennas

6 or 12 CD Player available with the Navigation system.

Fun car
By jerry

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love pretty much everything about the car, handling, speed, style, the look of course, and for the price, it clearly is the best sports car in value. Enough said. Speed

Speed, roar of the engine, and handling

I have only had the car for a month and a half, so at this stage I see nothing wrong.

What A Car!
By Jim

2006 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've had my Vette for about six weeks now. All I can say is this is one fine roadster. The power is intoxicating. The handling and ride are exceptional with the F55 suspension. I've had two Honda S2000 roadsters prior to this and there's no comparison. The combination of performance and comfort completely eclipse the Honda. If you're looking for a "toy" I don't believe there are many better choices than this car. Especially, when one factors in the cost to performance ratio. Cheverolet has to have produced one of the best values in this market segment.

The motor! I can't believe anyone needs more power than the LS2 engine.

Perhaps more interior storage. Seatback pockets would be useful.