Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

5000 miles
By corvette Jim

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned a Jag, Mercedes, Nissan & Lexus. The '05 Vette has by far the best sports car peformance & style. The C6 really is a beautiful machine inside and out.

I like the looks exterior,headlights, comfortable seats, HUD, decent gas mileage 21city, 22.5-26.8hwy The large trunk is great for traveling.Interior quality I think is excellent. Of course the power is exillerating & cornering is like you are on rails I only wish '05s had offered the paddle shift 6s

The steering wheel needs to go up as well as in when exiting vehicle ie (Lexus)I pd.$1435 for a Borla exhaust w/ X pipe tour.ver.to JUST hear the exhaust!! Better gas mileage,better paint that resists chipping. ENGINE NEEDS V.V.TECHONOLGY. A switch to turn the DING OFF or down on the trip dash stuf

This Car Turns Heads
By RAYMOND KIMBLE

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Since I purchased my Corvette coupe in August 2005 I have experince nothing but pure joy whenever I drive it. I get compliments on a regular basis. This car is not only powerful but its also extremely fun to drive. Believe it or not, I've even been asked by policeman how fast it goes. I always give them the politically correct response of "55 miles per hour". I would recommend this car to anyone!

My favorite features are the engine, the Bose speaker system and the exterior design.

Integrated storage pouches behind each seat.

My First Vette
By Jim Stevens

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a sweet ride! Fast,comfortable, a head turner, even in Belleair Beach among all the Porsches and Mercedes sport coupes. The C6 lives up to all it's billing and then some. Great handling on long trips as well as around town.I have to drive it every day (maybe that's why I have almost 15000 miles on it since May '05). People come up to look at it everywhere I go. Even teenagers roll down their windows at stop lights to comment on what a beautiful car it is. I waited a long time for my first Corvette, but it was definitely worth the wait.

I love the convenience of the push button convertible top. The push button start is much easier than fumbling in your pocket for keys. Best feature of all is the awesome power you feel when you really put your foot in it and hear that sound from the mufflers.

Maybe a little more room in the trunk,but hey, my golf clubs and shoes fit fine. I'll take this baby just like it is!

It's OK
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Not a bad car. A little overpriced. A Honda S2000 would be a better choice. Fit and finish are fair, nothing to brag about. Interior is sparse and void of luxury, in fact dated and disapointing. Bought the car to try to recapture my youth (had a couple of 60's versions). Effort failed.

None, really. I'll stick with HDs for the open air.

Figure out a way to get in and out of the car without contorting the body.

Does Not Get Any Better
By Mark W

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Simply wonderful car...Power to spare,handles like no other, The Z51 handling package makes every trip like the final lap at the Indy 500..Do not chnage a thing. The overall look of car just WOWS ya !

That nice little growl from 400 horses...Manual transmission smooth and easy, The G-Meter on Heads Up Display,Tight ride with the Z51 perf. upgrade

Are you kidding...is perfection.