Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

My '05 Vette
By aztommyg

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I always wanted a Vette and finally in March 2005 I bought one! It is everything you can ask for in a true sports car. The power is awesome, handling is great. The exterior design speaks for itself. I shopped around and dollar for dollar, this is by far the best car on the road.

Chevy Did It Again
By Jason

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This car has everything, the best bang for the buck. From the moment you hit that button ignition and the pipes roar up its a pleasure to drive. It handles very well and its very hard to lose control when punching out the twisties. Remove the standard Targa top and enjoy a cruise down the beach as everyone gawks and you hear the voices of little kids say, "Mommy I want THAT car when I grow up".

Push button start, 400 HP/TQ, Bose sound system, Get Z51 Package with bigger sways, brakes, and stiffer suspension, Heads up display.

Fun in the Sun
By Dr. J. D. Chandler

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This ragtop is a daily driver. Also, we have been on road trips from Dallas, Texas to San Diego, CA (3000 miles roundtrip) plus another trip from Dallas, TX to Las Vegas, NV (2500 miles roundtrip). Our experience with this car is outstanding. There is nothing to complain about. The car performs as advertised, is comfortable, road worthy and fuel economical (27 Highway) (20 city). All this with 400 horses under the hood with all the performance that this implies. There is no wind noise with this ragtop at highway speeds plus. We have only good things to say about this car

Performance 0 to 60 4 seconds. comfortable ride. outstanding design. Wonderful handling

None needed

2005 Corvette Convertible, Z51, 6 sp
By Bill B

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

It took me 40 years to finally buy the Corvette I promised myself in college. It is actually better than I expected. It is a joy to drive, on both winding back roads and interstates. I've driven it from Maine to Tennessee with nothing but great experiences. From a performance standpoint, it is the fastest thing I've ever driven, and it will be at least another 12,000 miles before I'm really able to use all 400 hp comfortably. The convertible top is perfect. Tight and quiet when up, and easy to put down. At 120 with the top up you can talk and hear the radio. And it insulates very well. No problems with air conditioning in the summer (and my top is black)

Engine, chassis, suspension (amazing mix of performance and comfort), convertible top, color (discontinued Magnetic Red)

Improve the shifter and trans again by the same amount as from the last model (C5). It is still notchy and easy to miss the 2-3 shift Put the tachometer on the right side of the dash so when you shift with your right hand you can see it.

Love it.
By Corky

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Fine handling, power/performance is great, the headsup display works well in all conditions, electronic options (6 CD player, duel AC, instrument cluster) all are as advertised.

Enjoy headsup display & six speed. Very nice performance and gas mileage.

Eliminate the 2-4 economy shift feature. I can decide if I want to go 2- 4.