Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Base 6.0L V8 6-speed Manual - (56 reviews )

More fun than the bat mobile.........
By Duane Eilers

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This has been the most exciting vehicle I have ever purchased and driven and it is with great pride that I highly recommend the new C6....... you literally will wonder why anyone would require more than 400 HP with that new L2 V8. You will love it!

2005 corvette
By victor hardy

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned other Corvettes and this is the best all around one. It has lots of power and rides great for a sports car very fun to drive around town or on the hwy.

6.0 liter 400 hp. stereo no key memory for each driver

Paint the spoiler body color

Fun, fast, fairly cheap
By Brett

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this for the wife and it's a great everyday driver. She gets better gas mileage than her SUV. It turns heads wherever you go and hauls the mail. I'm a pretty good driver, and I could never push this car to its limit. It's definitely not the most practical car a guy could buy, but it's a great third car. Although I like the semi-exclusivity of the car, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a high performance convertible.

Power top. Great performance. Great looks. Good MPG. Will retain its value well. Neat personalization features.

I like my high-perf cars to be loud. You can hear my D-max coming from a mile away, but this is way too quite. I'll probably end up spending an extra grand just so I can actually hear and feel those 400 horses. Navs cool, but too expensive for what you get.

By far the best sports car for the money
By Larry Johnson

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I recently bought a 2005 C6 with 2000 miles on it. This is the 4th Vette I have owned. The new C6 dominates the other cars in every category. This car feels like you are a part of it and never disappoints me in any way. It's a great head turner and by far my favorite Vette.

Engine Power and torque. Radio, Bose speakers

Dress up the interior a little more with some higher quality parts.

Best Corvette Ever
By Jeff Adams

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I was trying to choose between the Porsche 911, the Boxster S or the C6 Corvette. They are all great cars, but I just fell in love with that from dead stop to fast performance. The car handles great with the Z51 option.

Satellite Radio, steering wheel