Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Best of the Best
By bizmgr

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am 62 years young and this is the 17th vette that I have owned, and is the best yet. You can spend a whole lot more for a sports car, but dollar for dollar, the Vette is by for the best value for true performance, looks and fun to drive car. I never get tired of driving it and not to mention that it makes me feel a lot younger than I am. I guess that is why I am on my 17th one. I refuse to grow up and act like some of my old friends. If you have never owned one, you owe it to yourself to enjoy life a little more.

Performance, finally an auto top, super sound system with navigation.

I really can't think of any way to improve this car.

Make me say wow!
By thaisch

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I’ve been waiting to get a real sports car for as long as I can remember. I wanted a classic but the money for what you get was too high for me. So I took an '05 with 20k miles for a test drive. 5 miles later I was hooked. I now have a "new" black '05 C6 with 700 miles. This car is so much fun to drive. The power is endless, and the brakes are equally impressive. It has magnetic ride control that gives a firm but civilized ride in touring mode, and a very firm tight ride in sport mode. The best of both worlds. I never get tired of looking at this car and from the looks I get neither does everyone else. Very happy to have a "real" Americian sports car. My wife even likes to drive it!

Heads up display. Magnetic ride. Navigation. Exterior style. Clear glass top.

Really surprised the Bose stereo sounds so cheap.

Best of All Previously Owned Corvette's
By archamrh

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the best of all the Corvette's I've ever owned. Not that I've owned many, just 4, but this C6 is so awesome. Just sitting in it feels so good, and to drive it is a feeling that is indescribable. You feel as if you're part of the road, and going up through the 6 speed transmission gives you that feeling of all that awsesome, raw power this really has! Before this, I had a slightly modified Y2K Vette that turned heads no matter where I was, even if parked! I've had more people come to me in a parking lot just to ask questions about this gorgeous vehicle! I love everything about this. The fit and finish is so refined from previous years, and the comfort is awesome.

Everything from the keyless entry/start, to the tightness of all the body parts!

I would still like more HP, not that it's needed, I would want more, even if I purchased a ZO6 w/505 HP!

I waited 33 Years
By Vetteman

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Can I just say I love this car? I've always been a car connoisseur and have always wanted a Vette. The first year I couldn't get out of the car without looking back at it in astonishment about how good looking it is. The car rides amazingly smooth even with the Z- 51 suspension. The acceleration is amazingly fast and smooth. This car is refined beyond what most people would think. It's only downfall is that it's sold by Chevy dealers and they don't know how to treat Corvette owners.

Amazing looks, amazing speed, amzazing handling, and smooth ride.

Better XM clarity, it sounds dull. Real brushed aluminum center console. Ashtray cheap.

Love it, but have some faults
By Lee Jameson

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I love my Vette. It gets great fuel mileage, but cranks too. I did have issues and had to go to Better Business Bureau to resolve. Sound system/clock faults. heads up display distorted ,back glass distorted. Putting that aside, this car is a gas, and I will never sell or trade it. None of the faults ,by BBB findings could be corrected, but I'll never give her up!

Fuel mileage, power, handling and style. I get comments all the time !!

Back glass distortion. Radio doesn't come on for 20/30 secs. after car running. Constantly loses time on clock (entire radio replaced w/ no change) Heads up display distorted unless you view it at just the correct angle. No fix on any glass problems, but they did try..