Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Somebody Stop Me!
By 10RENT2OWN

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Some 20 years ago they told me "you'd get over with enjoing driving". Oh, No!!! Not after I got my 1st Vette. Is 12,000 mi in 6 mo a lot for a 2nd vehicle? I meet people at car shows and wonder-"600miles in a year, 900miles in a year" How can you own a Vette and only look at it - I know - the exterior gets the highest ratings. But still I can't stop driving it, mostly w/top down. Somebody stop me!

There are alot of loud cars out there. Even half cars(motorcycles)Most of them sound very helpless and tired. I kinda like the idea to go from stop faster than any other car without seemingly any effort (very quietly) only with slight tire squeal(as needed).

Again - trunk lid. I'd think the same bright and shiny finish around inside door buttons would look great instead of that silvery trim around the console and the dashboard. Or may be something that feels and looks like it.

My First Vette
By Jim Stevens

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

What a sweet ride! Fast,comfortable, a head turner, even in Belleair Beach among all the Porsches and Mercedes sport coupes. The C6 lives up to all it's billing and then some. Great handling on long trips as well as around town.I have to drive it every day (maybe that's why I have almost 15000 miles on it since May '05). People come up to look at it everywhere I go. Even teenagers roll down their windows at stop lights to comment on what a beautiful car it is. I waited a long time for my first Corvette, but it was definitely worth the wait.

I love the convenience of the push button convertible top. The push button start is much easier than fumbling in your pocket for keys. Best feature of all is the awesome power you feel when you really put your foot in it and hear that sound from the mufflers.

Maybe a little more room in the trunk,but hey, my golf clubs and shoes fit fine. I'll take this baby just like it is!

It's OK
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Not a bad car. A little overpriced. A Honda S2000 would be a better choice. Fit and finish are fair, nothing to brag about. Interior is sparse and void of luxury, in fact dated and disapointing. Bought the car to try to recapture my youth (had a couple of 60's versions). Effort failed.

None, really. I'll stick with HDs for the open air.

Figure out a way to get in and out of the car without contorting the body.

Does Not Get Any Better
By Mark W

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Simply wonderful car...Power to spare,handles like no other, The Z51 handling package makes every trip like the final lap at the Indy 500..Do not chnage a thing. The overall look of car just WOWS ya !

That nice little growl from 400 horses...Manual transmission smooth and easy, The G-Meter on Heads Up Display,Tight ride with the Z51 perf. upgrade

Are you kidding...is perfection.

Fast and the Finesse
By RAP1111

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible power, which is to be expected from this car, but also great ride and comfort features. The handling makes you feel extremely confident as it feel like it is being force down to the road even as it is getting close to it's 186 MPH top speed and always seems to have lots power available at any speed. I am so glad I have had the abilty to take it out on the autobahn.

NAV system, heads up display, Engine Power, Convertible top with power option.

MP3 player and bluetooth hookups and digital intigrated phone and speaker phone for the bluetooth. Availabilty of a removable hardtop for the convertible option or hardtop convertible.