Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2005 Corvette
By Jim Hamilton

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is our 3rd new 'Vette and is by far the best yet. Not only is it the most fun to drive but gets great mileage (34/Imp. gal). I disagree with those who compare it poorly with the 911 which I rate v. highly. Not only is it as fast but it is much more easily maintained, as far as being as much fun, I'd say it is more fun than the 911(its sometimes a bit of work) but perhaps a bit behind the Boxster. I rate interior design as good but the C6 has badly needed the new "leather wrapped" trim of the '08, since it was introduced. Now if they can just upgrade the seats for '09 ! I'd rate the build quality up to at least an "8-8.5" for '08,comparable to the 911. Ours is still rattle-free !

Great mileage. Easy to maintain motor. handling. Looks!

Better interior (addressed in the '08) Better seats

I love this car too much
By c6vette

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned the car for 2.5 years. I still absolutely love the car but it's had its fair share of small problems. They're all minor but it's still annoying. I guess this is what I get for buying a first year model. Issues I've had: AC squeal, seat memory issue, power top latch issue, broken clutch spring for pedal. All the issues have been fixed and well, I still love the car. Engine and transmission are bulletproof.

Heads up display, touchscreen Nav/radio, engine power, handling. Sophisticated sound, looks, smooth ride.

I like what they did in 2008 model. I wish I could have received the changes in my car. Oh well. The only other change I'd like is a stiffer body for the convertible. Mine isn't bad but it's not like it was when it was new but no creaks or noises.

Velocity
By CR

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Change your life driving experience on the road. Style oohs on the street. Some defects, but overwhelming a winner.

Power, braking, handling, comfort, style, wheel & tire sizes, trunk space relative to older/other sports cars, light body. Options: Selective ride, power top, and velocity yellow color. Heads up display

Correct dangerous (vehicle yaws hard) VCM cut-off in emergency rev/speed conditions (ice, suspension unload, etc.) Improve heat protection of tunnel area. Seal between A/C evaporator and duct under cowl. Nav system. Exhaust system. Rocker runners and under front. Door latch release & w/l

My first Vette
By mark

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have had this car for about a year and half. Fun to drive. Gets a lot of positive feedback and turns heads a lot! My wife dosen't like to ride in it but that's OK. There are plenty of other people who do!

Heads up display, XM satellite

I have the Bose sound system. The left speaker buzzes sometimes. Dealer hasn't been able to replicate so nothing has been done. Manual rear hatch button doesn't work.

'05 C6 Corvette
By gbw1972

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned this 2005 millenium yellow Corvette for 2 years now with very few complaints. The XM satelite radio is the biggest disappointment with lower quality sound than regular FM radio. As for the drive, the occasional bump in the road will jolt the steering wheel a bit, enough to make me anxious if my speed is excessive. 400hp really is more than enough. The exhaust sound is less than adequate but is easily fixed with an after-market replacement. My MPG is over 20. The acceleration is incredible. As far as sports cars go, there isn't a smarter buy around, anywhere.

I love the HUD (heads up display). I thought it would be annoying at first, but really wish my other car had it.

Bluetooth would be nice. Better stereo. Illuminated door sills. Backup camera.