Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 228 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

My Hot Ride-1st Vette and not the Last
By 1HOTRIDE

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Lady driven and love it. This is a vehicle that I have always wanted, finally purchased new in 2006. Looked so good did not want to drive it and had it in my garage for 6 months before I took it out. Love the car, it is awesome to drive, definitely turns heads. This is what I call my Sunday Drive Cruising Car. I had this car now since 2006 new, and don't get it out much to drive, and took it out for 2nd time this summer and my convertible gave me problems, back cover did not close properly is off centre and now need to take in to get serviced. So bit disappointed on this issue. No other complaints.

Love the HUD. Forget it is even there at times. Truly a jem in its own class. You have not owned a sports car UNTIL you have purchased a Vett.

Louder stereo system, Sirrus Sat should come as standard.

More than you can imagine
By jerry

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

This is the only car on the planet that you can : drive all day, do a 12 second quarter mile, put on a road course and go 185 mph, gets 25 mpg city/country, top down then put on a tux and take your wife dancing, all in the same day in the same car. This is the greatest car ever built for the money and it is unlikely that it will ever be equaled again. If you don't love this car, you are not human.

400 hp stock bolt on mod friendly 0-60 in 4.2 0-100 in 10 seconds F55 ELECTRONIC SUSPENSION

none What a ca

New vette owner
By mike

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

First off let me say I love this car!! I have waited patiently (for the most part) to own a Corvette. I test drove a c5 version a couple of years ago and quite frankly it turned me off Corvettes. I just started looking again and saw the '05 at a great price and couldn't resist. I test drove it and fell in love. To me this is what driving a corvette is all about! It has power, style, and comfort. I am a tall guy (6'4") so sports cars aren't exactly built with me in mind. I have take this on modest rides so far (2-3 hours) and I have no problems with comfort. To sum it all up, if you are thinking of buying a vette, buy the c6!

Traction control, nav system, HUD, overall ride of vehicle

Blue tooth capability, improve radio (I was a bit disappointed with the sound system)

lots of problems,many repairs required
By mlh

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have never owned a car that has needed so many repairs. Since purchased in Sept 05,it has been in for repair at least 12 times! Things like the roof almost blowing off.They tried to fix the problem but didn't. Then it was replaced with a new roof. Shorty after that,a recall for this problem was quietly announced. The list goes on:Door latch replaced;repair window so it would close tightly (twice);repair an reinstall door panel; headlight assembly replace;trunk latch replaced; alternator bearing had to be replaced;problem with front right wheel assembly;bad paint. No room left here to list other problems. With extended warranty,I have to pay $200 labor for each repair.

Rides good.

Very nice car that depreciates slow
By sculldog

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, particularly if used and not abused. No muss ..no fuss. Smooth, powerful, fun, supportive seats, excellent heating and A/C. Decent cupholders and nice stereo altough X/M radio doesnt play nearly loud enough at freeway speeds with top down.

Beauty, power, head turning ability. Fun to drive and get stared at!

Better shifter, smaller steering wheel, xm radio needs amplification