Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Base Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Very nice car that depreciates slow
By sculldog

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great car, particularly if used and not abused. No muss ..no fuss. Smooth, powerful, fun, supportive seats, excellent heating and A/C. Decent cupholders and nice stereo altough X/M radio doesnt play nearly loud enough at freeway speeds with top down.

Beauty, power, head turning ability. Fun to drive and get stared at!

Better shifter, smaller steering wheel, xm radio needs amplification

I love this car too much
By c6vette

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I've owned the car for 2.5 years. I still absolutely love the car but it's had its fair share of small problems. They're all minor but it's still annoying. I guess this is what I get for buying a first year model. Issues I've had: AC squeal, seat memory issue, power top latch issue, broken clutch spring for pedal. All the issues have been fixed and well, I still love the car. Engine and transmission are bulletproof.

Heads up display, touchscreen Nav/radio, engine power, handling. Sophisticated sound, looks, smooth ride.

I like what they did in 2008 model. I wish I could have received the changes in my car. Oh well. The only other change I'd like is a stiffer body for the convertible. Mine isn't bad but it's not like it was when it was new but no creaks or noises.

Velocity
By CR

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Change your life driving experience on the road. Style oohs on the street. Some defects, but overwhelming a winner.

Power, braking, handling, comfort, style, wheel & tire sizes, trunk space relative to older/other sports cars, light body. Options: Selective ride, power top, and velocity yellow color. Heads up display

Correct dangerous (vehicle yaws hard) VCM cut-off in emergency rev/speed conditions (ice, suspension unload, etc.) Improve heat protection of tunnel area. Seal between A/C evaporator and duct under cowl. Nav system. Exhaust system. Rocker runners and under front. Door latch release & w/l

Best of the Best
By bizmgr

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I am 62 years young and this is the 17th vette that I have owned, and is the best yet. You can spend a whole lot more for a sports car, but dollar for dollar, the Vette is by for the best value for true performance, looks and fun to drive car. I never get tired of driving it and not to mention that it makes me feel a lot younger than I am. I guess that is why I am on my 17th one. I refuse to grow up and act like some of my old friends. If you have never owned one, you owe it to yourself to enjoy life a little more.

Performance, finally an auto top, super sound system with navigation.

I really can't think of any way to improve this car.

I waited 33 Years
By Vetteman

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Can I just say I love this car? I've always been a car connoisseur and have always wanted a Vette. The first year I couldn't get out of the car without looking back at it in astonishment about how good looking it is. The car rides amazingly smooth even with the Z- 51 suspension. The acceleration is amazingly fast and smooth. This car is refined beyond what most people would think. It's only downfall is that it's sold by Chevy dealers and they don't know how to treat Corvette owners.

Amazing looks, amazing speed, amzazing handling, and smooth ride.

Better XM clarity, it sounds dull. Real brushed aluminum center console. Ashtray cheap.