Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Corvette
By Dallas Trinkle

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Great mileage for a car of its power and performance. Braking, acceleration and steering are very good.

XM radio, navigational system, ride package, heated seats and keyless ignition.

Ride package on the touring could be softer for long trips. Silver plastic cover around gear shift looks cheap.

6 speed convertible rocks
By Top Down

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The performance and ride quality of this car is impressive. More interior refinement would be nice. With the top down this car is hard to beat. Docile and easy to relax in, but ready to pounce with a push of the pedal. The Z51 option does not make the ride too harsh, but this is a sports car, not a limo. Only complaint is break squeal, a common problem with the Z51 cross drilled rotors. Can't be beat for the money - and resale will be high.

Keyless ignition - short throw six speed - manual top operation is a breeze.

Interior refinment - not a BMW or Audi quality wise - rain sensing wipers - trunk must be slammed shut.

The car that I dreamed of in 1965
By Lance

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not easy to please, and this car is not perfect, but I love it! I owned my 1st Vette in 2000, another in 2001, and yet another in 2004. All were great cars that never needed repairs. This 2005 rides and drives much better. The Z-51 pkg seems to have fixed the issue that I had with the other 3 dragging the ground at any bump. They had no clearance. It's still low, but drags much less. I've had a service issue. The steering vibrates when turning the wheel at rest. Even backing out of the garage causes an annoying sound and the vibration. The dealer tells me that this is a inherent problem that they, as yet, have no fix to correct.G M needs to address this. But, I love my Vette

Power, power, & more power. GPS, Heads-up display. Better ground clearance, XMradio. Looks great and...did I mention power?

GM , as yet. does not have a fix for that annoying vibration at very low speeds in the steering. They've issued a service alert, but it's still cannot be fixed. They need to enable the CD player behind the GPS door to play MP3's.

My Girl Hanna
By Lynene Lindstrom

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

We bought the car at Woodard Chevrolet and flew to Bowling Green Kentucky for the Museum Delivery. After touring the museum and assembly plant we picked up the Vette. It was a wonderful experience. We drove the car back to California and had a great trip. The car is a dream. It handles great, and is all I had hoped for. We are showing it in all Corvette Car shows and it is taking 1st place in all of them. It is my daily driver and I love it. The performance and cornering ability is awesome.

Memory seat positions, and heated seats. Heads up display. Digital read out for warnings. Keyless entry and ignition. Top down cruising. The body style.

Color code the door handles and rear brake light spoiler. Improve the sound of the exhaust. These are aftermarket items that the majority of the owners change.

What a performace machine!!!
By Jose D.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The car's drivability is great!! Fuel economy could be a misperception (it's a performance car). The run flat tires are acceptable. I have 10k on them and they still ride fine. Overall, the quality of the car has improved drastically over the previous model.

Perfomance, ergonomics, and daily driver quality

Fuel cap holder