Used 2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 226 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2005 corvette
By victor hardy

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned other Corvettes and this is the best all around one. It has lots of power and rides great for a sports car very fun to drive around town or on the hwy.

6.0 liter 400 hp. stereo no key memory for each driver

Paint the spoiler body color

Fun, fast, fairly cheap
By Brett

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this for the wife and it's a great everyday driver. She gets better gas mileage than her SUV. It turns heads wherever you go and hauls the mail. I'm a pretty good driver, and I could never push this car to its limit. It's definitely not the most practical car a guy could buy, but it's a great third car. Although I like the semi-exclusivity of the car, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a high performance convertible.

Power top. Great performance. Great looks. Good MPG. Will retain its value well. Neat personalization features.

I like my high-perf cars to be loud. You can hear my D-max coming from a mile away, but this is way too quite. I'll probably end up spending an extra grand just so I can actually hear and feel those 400 horses. Navs cool, but too expensive for what you get.

Disappointed in C6
By Thomas

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

The build quality of this car is still not up to par. many interior noises and an incredibly noisy roof. Body panels have inconsistant gaps. Needing to leave the car in reverse so battery doesn't go dead is annoying. So disappointed I sold the car after only 8000 miles.

Keyless entry and ignition, endless torque, incredible brakes, phenomenal grip.

Build quality, more supportive seats, less interior noises, smaller steering wheel, eliminate the need to leave manual trans in reverse, correct the bump steer issues, offer a decent stereo (the Bose just isn't up to the task

C5 to C6
By john c

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I had a 1999 Chev c5 vett and now own the new 2005 C6. This new Vette is an amazing vehicle and is packed with great features and technology. I have been impressed with the changes made in the new car and they include better performance, ride, handling and it is much quiter than the c5 model. I also opted for the 6-speed manual and it really makes this car fun to drive. The new Corvette attracts a lot of attention and I often find people hovering aroung the vehicle whether it is at a car show or the gas station. I have owned a lot of sports cars and you will not find another one out there that provides the level of performance and amenities for the money. Up next for me, the 2006 Z06

The heads up display, comfortable seating and ride comfort, telescopic steering wheel, easy to read instrument panel, engine performance, handling, great exterior looks and fit and finish. Too many great feaures to mention.

A little less plastic in the interior and the silver around the console looks cheap. I understand they made it better for 2006. These are both minor and I struggled to really find fault with the vehicle.

Sunset Bomb
By titianqueen

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

Only complaint is that a lot of heat enters thru the tinted roof, and had to have a custom top make for it, instead of paying $1900.00 for an additional color coded hard top.

The engine growl

Suggest an option available to place in the tinted top