Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Amazing machine
By Steven

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a silver 2004 Z06 with 25,900 miles. The car is stock. I am amazed by the performance value of this car. The engine is incredibly flexible. The sound of the motor at 6,000 RPMs is amazing, and the car pulls like a locomotive. I am also amazed at the relative comfort of the car - the seats are very comfortable (I am over 6 feet tall) and the ride quality, though firm, is wonderful. I am surprised at how docile the car is in 'adult driving' mode - driven maturely around town, the car is eminently livable. For an enthisiast, this is a comfortable daily driver. I am amazed at the performance value with the Z06 as compared with other high-performance cars.

A street-legal race car that pulls double-duty as a grand tourer The sound of the engine at 6,000 RPMs in full-attack mode The rocket-like thrust at full throttle The stop-on-a-dime brakes that don't fade The tight and responsive steering The amazing value compared to other supercars

Gas mileage, though excellent for such a performance beast, is not terrific, but this is truly nit-picking given the amazing performance of this very affordable rocket launcher of a vehicle

Still Tryin'
By Vette Crazy

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Corvette (93, 99, 02, 04). I don't know why I keep trying. I've loved Vettes since I was a kid and keep hoping someday I'll find one that doesn't have problems. This one has had problems with transmission (hard shifts), broken stabilizer links and brakes squealing for 2 years. Dealer said brake squeal is normal after their 4th attempt to fix. All 3 C5s were convertibles and all leaked around the windows when driving in the rain. All of my Vettes averaged about 3 visits to the dealer per year for repairs not counting normal maintenance, with each visit being at least 2 days. You would think I drive them hard, but I've been told I drive like a little old granny. So that's not it.

I've always loved the head-up display. It's hard to drive other cars without it now. I also like the gas mileage. I get 30 highway, 21 city. Not bad for all those horses.

Tighten all those bolts better to reduce squeaking and rattling. Better quality control overall. My other cars don't break down nearly as much. Finally, better training for service technicians. Fix it the first time, not the fourth.

Not Your fat, bald man driver
By Martha in Plantation

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am a 5 ft 7 natural blonde. I know people expect to see a mid-life crisis male when they pass me. I love the Vette, but the ride is nothing like my Cadillac SUV. My boyfriend drives a BMW convertible, and people always think he owns the Corvette and I own the BMW. The noise level on the highway with the Vette is bad. I wouldn't think of a long trip in it. I just had too much disposable income when I bought it, either that or my mid-life crisis set in! I love the Corvette "wave" from other owners! Everyone should own one Vette in their life!

It's a Vette! Love the exhaust plate!

Less noise factor on the convertible. Better ride!

Corvette #5 for me
By HD Shive

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

The Corvette Z06 is a remarkable car. It's fast, beautiful, handles and stops like very few cars can. These cars are priced well and fairly inexpensive to own. Mine gets 30 MPG on the highway and routine maint. can be done by most owners/enthusiasts due to its simplicity.

Did I mention fast?

Better interior fit and finish. A removable top would be nice also.

More Improvements, are you kidding me!
By Vette_Adrenaline

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

2004, black C5, 8k miles. This is by far the best car I have ever owned. Handles great, The horsepower is excellent and gas mileage to boot. On a recent trip I averaged 31.5mpg. I was blown away. I kept pointing to the dash and laughing to my wife. This was totaly unexpected. I'm 6 ft 2" tall and this thing is comfortable, the HUD and all gauges are easy to see at a glance. All adjustments easily reached. This is now my daily driver and not a day goes by that I dont get home without a smile on my face. If you don't fall in love with this car, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

All of it.

None, who listens to the radio while driving this car?