Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

bitter sweet
By delano

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for a 1 1/2 years. Don't purchase one with a removable top if you want to stay dry. I have replaced all the seals. It still leaks, radio poor, steering wheel lockout disable as soon possible.

great pickup & handling, 28 mpg on hwy very cool. great exhaust note. 6 speed is sweet!

get rid of the run flat tires and put back a spare tire

Why didn't I buy one sooner???
By safetyman

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have always wanted one,"Why did I wait so Long?" this is by far the most exciting investment I have ever made! The wife and I had been discussing the idea of buying one and she kept putting me off, she went out of town for the weekend:) you guessed it! I went out and bought the car of my dreams!still married! she actually really likes to drive it herself. I have absolutely no complaints except not enough pretty days to take the top off and just drive! since my purchase it seems like I have found a new group of friends, they all own Corvettes and like to hang out and cruise.

The horse power! I recently went on a 1100 mile trip and averaged 34.3mpg @ 80mph. WOW! the hud is neat, never have to look down, might hurt if you get pulled over by a policeman who knows about vettes! no excuses!

None that I can think of!

Wow! What A Car
By crspurch

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Well, this is my third corvette, first a C3 - 1980, next a C4 - 1992 and now this C5. It is incredible, the improvement over the C4 is staggering. The car is a monster and handles like a dream. I wanted a convertible, but I thought I wanted a C6 because of the higher HP. However, after driving both, I decided on the C5 (2004) because I thought the interior was much nicer and roomier. I really felt the C6 interior was "cheapened" compared to the C5. Some have complained about "noise" from the run- flats, but I don't experience that problem. All in all, dollar for dollar, this is an awesome car!

6-speed, windows automatically opening upon putting top down, automatic or "memory" seat and steering wheel settings upon entering and exiting vehical. Fast, handling, and did I say fast?

Louder stock exhaust, has been my comment since the C4's. Z06 has much better sounding exhaust.

Dream Car!
By gxtol

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I'd wanted a Corvette since I first became aware of cars at 13 (in 1966!). Finally got one at age 50. Bought mine new in Spiral Gray with every possible option. Other than replacing the battery in the first month as a preventative measure and fixing the gas tank (common problem) in the first year, this car has been "bullet-proof". I live in an area where there are multiple exotics, Porsches, Ferraris, etc and my car gets as much, if not more, attention. I love it. Fast, great looking and a virtual time machine making me feel 16 again.

Everything about it! And the "Corvette Wave" is cool, too!

Yes, it seems a bit cheap on the inside but I can live with it. The stock run-flats are awful!

Original 5 year owner comments
By M.K.U.

2004 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned and driven this Corvette for almost 5 years. There is really nothing as much fun as a top down cruise in this car. This car was a daily driver for the first 2 years and then a weekend garage queen since then. No issues or problems just routine oil changes. 33,000 miles and loving every minute.

Style, heads up display, factory magneisum wheels, power, & waves from other Corvette owners.

Run flat tire are noisy and top up air noise above 80 mph but this is a sports car....who cares.