Used 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Base Convertible Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible

Base 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (104 reviews )

Original 5 year owner comments
By M.K.U.

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned and driven this Corvette for almost 5 years. There is really nothing as much fun as a top down cruise in this car. This car was a daily driver for the first 2 years and then a weekend garage queen since then. No issues or problems just routine oil changes. 33,000 miles and loving every minute.

Style, heads up display, factory magneisum wheels, power, & waves from other Corvette owners.

Run flat tire are noisy and top up air noise above 80 mph but this is a sports car....who cares.

Still Tryin'
By Vette Crazy

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Corvette (93, 99, 02, 04). I don't know why I keep trying. I've loved Vettes since I was a kid and keep hoping someday I'll find one that doesn't have problems. This one has had problems with transmission (hard shifts), broken stabilizer links and brakes squealing for 2 years. Dealer said brake squeal is normal after their 4th attempt to fix. All 3 C5s were convertibles and all leaked around the windows when driving in the rain. All of my Vettes averaged about 3 visits to the dealer per year for repairs not counting normal maintenance, with each visit being at least 2 days. You would think I drive them hard, but I've been told I drive like a little old granny. So that's not it.

I've always loved the head-up display. It's hard to drive other cars without it now. I also like the gas mileage. I get 30 highway, 21 city. Not bad for all those horses.

Tighten all those bolts better to reduce squeaking and rattling. Better quality control overall. My other cars don't break down nearly as much. Finally, better training for service technicians. Fix it the first time, not the fourth.

Not Your fat, bald man driver
By Martha in Plantation

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I am a 5 ft 7 natural blonde. I know people expect to see a mid-life crisis male when they pass me. I love the Vette, but the ride is nothing like my Cadillac SUV. My boyfriend drives a BMW convertible, and people always think he owns the Corvette and I own the BMW. The noise level on the highway with the Vette is bad. I wouldn't think of a long trip in it. I just had too much disposable income when I bought it, either that or my mid-life crisis set in! I love the Corvette "wave" from other owners! Everyone should own one Vette in their life!

It's a Vette! Love the exhaust plate!

Less noise factor on the convertible. Better ride!

C5 the Greatest!
By OStanley

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Corvette convertible has been an absolute pleasure to own and drive.We are both 60 and purchased it as a "getaway" vehicle. Boy have we gotton away and in style, reasonable comfort and believe it or not, pretty good gas mileage.The car's trip computer gives us an average of almost 22mpg over the 20K+ miles we have driven since new.Chevy has a 'grand slam" in the Corvette C5, no doubt.Own one and you'll agree! It's performance and build quality is exceptional.The car is tight and rattle free even in the convertible configuration, thanks in large measure to the C5 redesign.Corvette engineering did a great job! Ownership has been a 9.8 experience and I don't anticipate any change in that!

Power, acceleration, design,handling and believe it or not, gas mileage!

None, save for ingress and egress improvements for 60 year olds

'04 Vette
By shobe

2004 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Great car, ride, performance. Gas mileage 19 around town. Bright red, real head turner. No returns to dealer except for oil changes.

Looks, ride, performance

Improve cup holders, sunglass holder