Used 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

Are you kidding me???
By David Long

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Are you kidding me? I cannot believe what a superb car the Corvette has become. My yellow, six speed, convertible does everything well. It is unbelieveably powerful, stable, comfortable, forgiving and just plan the most fun I've ever had driving a car. This is my third Corvette. I loved my '64' and my '85', but this C5 is over the top for the sheer joy of driving. Oh Nellie... What must the ZO6 be like?

The drivetrain is a crowning achievement for this car. It is very well behaved in traffic and around town, but jab the accelerator, check the tach, pull second gear and you know why you spent $50,000. It is just a blast to ride this rocket. Oh yes, and it has darn good breaks too.

I wish my convertible had the C6 interior. It is much more elegant, less muscle car looking.

Nice Ride
By John

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

America's true sports car. This car is a dream to drive, and makes one look for any excuse to get out of the house just to cruise. One plus about owning my spiral gray vette' is how people you've never met take the time to stop and say "nice ride", and the turning of heads as you cruise down the road; truly a rush and morale builder. I normally trade cars every 1-2 years, but finally I've found a car worth keeping.

Overall performance and comfort are exceptional. The HUD is great! It would be hard imagining having a sports car without one.

Reduce road noise, which I've read can easily be done by simply changing from the factory installed run flats to another name brand such as Firestone or Michellin. A second cup holder and a change holder would be a definite plus.

50th Anniversary Corvette
By Bob Hatfield

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Impeccable performance and sterling appearance. The anniversary red paint projects a dazzling sparkle when in the sunlight and nicely augmented by the champaigne coloured wheels.

Suspension, steering, acceleration and comfort

Annoying chatter from underneath when stopped, in neutral and clutch is not engaged

Great Drive
By Great Drive

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is incrediable. It handles wonderfully. It's fun. Best of all, it's economical and holds resale value. Every time I fire it up and go for a drive, it makes me happy. The shear power and hum of the engine is amazing. Definitely, the best vechicle purchase I've ever made.

The best sports car ever!
By Dave Glusko

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

Awesome machine that is one incredible ride. Seemingly unlimited torque, road handling that defies the laws of physics and a body that is stylish, sophisticated and sexy. Polished rims, telescoping steering wheel, HUD, Bose sound system, 12 CD changer, 29 MPG in 6th gear, 22 CF of trunk space for under 50k! I thought I died & went to heaven.

Definitely 2nd gear or is it 3rd or maybe 4th, the sound of an American V- 8 passing through 5000 RPM on the way to the redline, Electron Blue color and an easily removeable translucent top.

Two cup holders that will keep a can of diet coke upright in the drivers compartment.