Used 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 167 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

2003 Coupe
By doxvet

2003 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

As my 1st US car, I was nervous, especially with a high tech car, but it has been flawless. I have had no major issues. It performs great with minimal maintenance. You can do as much or as little as you want with this car. Cross country was very comfortable and roomy enough for 2 adults and all our gear. Middle of summer,100 degrees outside, and it was smooth sailing.

All the things you buy it for: Performance, acceleration,braking power, steering responsiveness, cruise or sport suspension modes. A nice ride and a happy owner.

My driver's door appears to ride low and scrapes the running board. GM accused me. a slim, athletic 175 pound guy, of kicking my new $50K dream machine! Cup holder is useless. The seat needs reinfocring because getting in and out usually entails some pressure on the outside of the seat back.

Z-Oh Baby!
By Azrael

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I must admit that this car was added to our garage to get me out of our 2002 Camaro SS that was originally purchased for my wife. I loved the LS1 F-body car so much and it got such great gas mileage that I totally forgot about my own 2001 F150 pickup and drove the Camaro everywhere. The wife wanted her car back and new I have always dreamed of owning a Corvette. Needless to say she made the appointment to go look at the car without me knowing what we were going to go look at, let alone that we were going to a car dealership. I drove the Z06 home the next day with a smile that I have been unable to erase since that day.

Power on demand; not like the wife's Heads/Cam/Bolt-on/Suspension/Nitrous Camaro, but definitely with the refined Corvette feel!

Audio and interior. The Monsoon system in the Camaro far surpasses the Bose system in the Z06; which boggles my mind since I had always thought Bose to be a quality manufacturer. Also the car is geared for driving, not cargo or passengers. The interior seems very 1980's, but then there's 405hp!

Private Rocketship
By Z06MOJO

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Found my baby with only 3400 miles and in Torch Red $38,000 U.S. greenbacks later and out the door I went. This car is just flat out the quickest, fastest, most beautiful car I have ever owned. As always beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that is just fine by me and the Corvette critics are always going to be around and that's OK too. Bang for buck there are no cars that even come close to delivering the goods the way a Z06 can. Just a big ear to ear smile every time. Sure there is some road noise, interior could be a little more plush or fancy, but this car is so damn rewarding to drive that any small dislikes are dismissed with any seat time. That is why I have one in my garage

The way the gas pedal makes the scenery go ''whoosh''. Great bang for buck. Love the lines of this car. It just screams ''I have a purpose and that is performance and speed'' and it just makes my day to see it parked in my garage .

Seat (lumbar), CD player

Corvette
By Colin

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This car has been my dream car for years. This Corvette still today blows most of every thing off the road. And it can be an everyday driver, without the hassle of keeping it revved up to run.

The handling and braking systems are out of this world.

Not much to improve on. Perhaps a heavier clutch.

Unbelievable
By mavvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I recently purchased a 2003 Z06 and what a ride! I love it. It has the best of both worlds, gas mileage and horsepower. I wish the seats were more comfortable and the sound system was better. I would have thought that in a car of this quality an mp3 player would be a standard option. Other than that, I love to drive the car and really enjoy the speed of these awesome machines. All I can say is that it is an incredible ride and I will never not own one again.

The speed

Better stereo. More noise supression. Also, you guys really need to do something about all the heat generated inside the car. It is unbelievable how hot it gets inside when you're driving the car even on a nice summer day with the windows down.