Used 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Corvette

View reviews for a specific Corvette model:

I love by Electron Blue, white top Vette
By blueberry

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Convertible (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This car is freedom. I bought it to use in parades as well as have the time of my life at 66. The car handles like a dream, the top is a no brainer and easy to get down. Lots of trunk room for a sports car. And does it get the comments!

The car in and of its self is its best feature but I love the 10 disk changer in the trunk. The Bose system is dynomite. Speed and preformance are perfect and it loves the 318 turns in 11 miles on the Tail of the Dragon in NC

The drivers set has this crazy wing in the middle with a spring in it right were you put your hand to get out. The seat is wearing at that spot. And the usual grip of only one cup holder.Seat belts could be a bit longer. Lots of big guys drive these and the belts are short!

Should be faster
By corvettekid

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a black 2002 auto transmission Corvette with 33,000 miles on it (I wanted a manual, but my left knee is too messed up). I love the car, but it seems like she loses power after hard acceleration a few times in a row. Also, I think the voltage regulator is bad cause sometimes it drops down to 12.3 when I am driving and it also jumps up and down a lot when I step on the brakes. For the car having 350 HP it doesn't feel very fast to me except for when it is first started in the morning. Other than that issue, I totally love the car. I get compliments on it all the time. I love how the sport seats hug me during fast turns. I would definitely buy another one.

Sport seats, torque, removable glass top, memory system, bBeating those four cylinder lawn mower sounding tricked out hondas, acuras, etc. Just the feeling I get when I am driving it.

The cupholder is a joke. The ashtray should be lit at night. More horsepower. Heated seats. Louder exhaust note, it is way too quiet for a muscle car.

Fun
By BABS

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Incredible car. Fun to drive, powerful. Great gas mileage considering performance and incredible stopping power.

It would be nice if the seats were made of better material and were more comfortable

Awesome Ride
By Scott B

2002 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first Vette. Like some other posters I never thought I would own one of my own. Lots of power when you want it. Not bad gas mileage when you're cruising.

HUD, memory functions, targa top

More storage areas, cup holders. But then again, this is a sports car, not a family car

My Red Rocket Toy
By Chuck

2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this 2002 Z06 in Oct. of 2001 and it gets just under 2000 miles a year put on it and is garaged whenever it is not driven. It has been in the rain twice and never in snow. This was a dream car for me for a long time and I love just about everything in any category with this car. It is a blast to drive for both power and handling! And the fuel economy really impresses me for an engine with 405 horsepower. This car will be in my family for a long time!

The massive power, handling and really cool growl of the exhaust should tell anyone that this car has some serious power going on here. Also think the H.U.D. is very cool just like a fighter jet. It really is a neat car to me!

I would like to see some minor things offered for tweaking just a bit more power out of the engine, such as reprogramming the E-prom, and some extensive testing on aftermarket ram air intake systems such as the Vararam ducted system and just how much more power this can make. Still love it.